Simulate pressing right or left not working for me

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi everyone,

just started with construct 2 and I have been doing some tutorials.

I have been following the tutorial "How to make a Platform game" by Ashley and near the end, I am stuck. More particularly, I am following the directions on making the "enemySnail" sprite automatically move (https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/253/ho ... ame/page-7) but it does not seem to work. The sprite stays idle in its original position

You can see the event sheet (and the sprite properties) here: http://imgur.com/a/wLtPU

I should mention that this event sheet is included in the main event sheet

Things I tried:

a. tried to make it move on every tick, just to check if that would work, but it did not

b. turned the default controls on and it would move according to the arrows

I am certain it is something obvious or simple but my lack of experience is not helping. Any advise would be welcome

• Can you please provide a .capx?

• Save as -> Single File
    • Upload to your preferred Cloud Drive
    • Share the link with us

This will help us fixing your issue.

• Can you please provide a .capx?

• Save as -> Single File
    • Upload to your preferred Cloud Drive
    • Share the link with us

This will help us fixing your issue.

Thanks for your interest.

Here you are:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xahhn908qthm ... .capx?dl=0

• Took me a while to figure it out, but your level layout is using the wrong event sheet

• Took me a while to figure it out, but your level layout is using the wrong event sheet

Oh god, so obvious in hindsight. Thanks a lot for your help.

I cannot dare imagine how I would go about debugging a full complex game, even in construct 2

• Hey, every puzzle is obvious once you know the answer. It took me a while to figure out as well

It's not so bad! The hard part of debugging is mostly a matter of working out which system is misbehaving. A big complicated game will have a lot of systems, but most of them won't pertain to a particular problem. It's not as hard as you'd think, so don't be scared

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, every puzzle is obvious once you know the answer. It took me a while to figure out as well

It's not so bad! The hard part of debugging is mostly a matter of working out which system is misbehaving. A big complicated game will have a lot of systems, but most of them won't pertain to a particular problem. It's not as hard as you'd think, so don't be scared

Thanks, for your encouraging words. You are guaranteed 10 free copies of my next multimillion-in-profits game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)