How do I set the Score "properly" in my BreakOut Game?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • Hello to all!

Edit: (I edited to make it more clear but I know is hard to understand what I´m talking about)

• Did you destroy the fireball or laser paddle on collision? Once it collides with one enemy it will be destroyed and not harm another, if I can envision what you're talking about...

• I'm not sure if I understand, but wouldn't this be the solution?

brick on destroyed - system add 1 to score

• Did you destroy the fireball or laser paddle on collision? Once it collides with one enemy it will be destroyed and not harm another, if I can envision what you're talking about...

I´m really sorry I just notice I´m not yet permitted to post plain text URLS.

I'm not sure if I understand, but wouldn't this be the solution?

brick on destroyed - system add 1 to score

Yes I already did that for the ball/brick collision and works just fine, my problem are the "powerups" that destroys more that one brick at a time

I will upload my breakout capx as soon as I learn how to

Edit: Ok I just upload the game in Bitballon

hxxp://breakout dot bitballoon dot com/

Controls

(Cheat Codes form 1 to 9)

key 4 "fireball"

key 6 "laser paddle" (shoots with spacebar)

It´s not spam, that´s my game project, I hope I´m not breaking any rule by doing this I just need some help.

• Why would there be a problem with more bricks being destroyed when each brick that gets destroyed adds 1 to the score?

• Why would there be a problem with more bricks being destroyed when each brick that gets destroyed adds 1 to the score?

The score register the ball/brick collision as 1 "point" but with the powerups there are more than 1 brick destroyed in the collisions and I want it to give points for all the bricks destroyed in the collisions but I didn´t find a way to do that

• i tested your capx, seems the blue ball works perfect the problem is with the red ball, that on collision instead of passing through the bricks , hits the first and destroys like 4 -5 blocks, i think you did a destroy on counting the destroyed blocks and then on collision will destroy as many blocks as you had destroyed before, try clone the effect the blue ball has, and see where the glitch is in your events,if you could post a capx for the red ball events maybe we can fix them cheers

• > Why would there be a problem with more bricks being destroyed when each brick that gets destroyed adds 1 to the score?

>

The score register the ball/brick collision as 1 "point" but with the powerups there are more than 1 brick destroyed in the collisions and I want it to give points for all the bricks destroyed in the collisions but I didn´t find a way to do that

Use the event:

brick on destroyed - add 1 to score

that will make it so that when a\ brick is destroyed 1 will be added..

every brick that is destroyed will add 1..

So not test the collision but "on destroyed", easy right?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I solve it yesterday at night

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)