How do I rotate object on X or Y axis?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Hello!

I wonder if it was possible to rotate object on an other axis than Z! That all !

Thank you !

• You can't rotate a sprite or object on another axis , why you need that ? Paper mario clone :p ?

• orugari :

C2 isn't a 3D engine, so indeed you cannot spin around axis other than Z, however, you can simulate the other rotations, IF you only rotate one of them at a time

exemple: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... index.html

You might be able to simulate Z + one of the others, but not sure about that

• Aphrodite I know it is not a 3D Engine :p But yeah I mistake explaining ! But your example is pretty what I wanted to do!

Simulate rotating, things you can do with css3 and jquery (well, I did with css3 so it's why I wanted to know... ^^)

is there a capx showing how to do this?

Merci beaucoup

vioz absolutly ahah :p

• Aphrodite I know it is not a 3D Engine :p But yeah I mistake explaining ! But your example is pretty what I wanted to do!

Simulate rotating, things you can do with css3 and jquery (well, I did with css3 so it's why I wanted to know... ^^)

is there a capx showing how to do this?

Merci beaucoup

vioz absolutly ahah :p

I was basically:

Setting first two instance variables, ini_width and ini_height, to the sprite initial size

setting a variable called X_Angle, and to rotate it, setting the height of the sprite to:

Sprite.ini_height*cos(Sprite.X_Angle)

And a similar operation for the height

Depending on the origin point, you also might have to place the sprite correctly after (my exemple had it s origin first right in the center, then on the bottom left, which will affect the rotations)

I may have time to do an exemple capx when I'll be on ly computer if you want one.

• Thank you for explanation!

Well if reaaally you have time and motivation for it, I will take it with pleasure !

• orugari : here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100 ... emple.capx

It should be enough for a feeling of rotation, however keep in mind that since it is a not-so-precise illusion of rotation, precaution should be taken, also all objects are flats of course (but since you've explained it should be for a paper character feeling, should be good enough)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I thanks you thousand times! (but in the capx, nothing happend)

I'll work on the function you gave me!

Scirra has such a wonderful community ! (And bought my License yesterday, I am happy :p)

• I thanks you thousand times! (but in the capx, nothing happend)

I'll work on the function you gave me!

Scirra has such a wonderful community ! (And bought my License yesterday, I am happy :p)

Change the value of Angle_X and Angle_Y before previewing, I didn't add something to modify it automatically

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)