How do I register multiple key presses?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Random Maze Generator with Door & Key System - tutorial capx
  • Specifically, I need the game to register when the A, L and K buttons are pressed but this combination of keys doesn't seem to work together. Once the A and L buttons are held down, the K won't register. Is this just an issue with my keyboard or is it global? I know there are other three-key combinations which will work but I ideally need it to be these three keys (I won't bore anyone with a long description of my game but it's a finger-twister sort of thing).

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I can post a capx if that helps.

Thanks!

• Thanks very much, but I'm afraid that doesn't work. If A and L are down (in the game, they need to be continuously held down for much of the time) then it will not register K being pressed or held down. Most other keys will register fine in the same circumstances.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's a hardware wiring issue I think. Most keyboard don't allow more than two keystrokes at once (with the exception of ctrl, alt, shift). So pressing A, L and K at the same time isn't technically possible. I think there are keyboards that allow multiple simulatenous keystrokes but it's not standard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)

• I was hoping that wasn't the case but thanks very much for settling it for me! I'll have to work the game mechanics in a slightly different way all round as I don't want to risk some players being locked out due to their keyboards.

• its working fine on me also what eliasfrost said non mechanical keyboards have limitations on keystrokes so you have to to think for a work around

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)