How do I get real admob ads to show?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • Hi. First timer here...

I have created a game, and on game over, I show a new layout to display an intersitial admob ad. Firstly, is this the right way to do it (i.e. new layout just for the ad), and secondly, I exported from C2 with test mode=false, did everything right in Intel XDK, set the ad unit up correctly in Admob, but all I see are the test ads. Any ideas? I have double checked there are no sneaky leading or trailing spaces in the ad ID is C2.

Thanks - AC

• AlphaCharlie, actually you don't need to create a new layout to display the ads. You can show them together on whichever layout you want them to be displayed at. As for the ads, that sounds weird, once you enter your ad ids and set it to false, it should display correctly. Are you using cranberry's admob plugin?

• Thanks Yes - I am using the cranberry plugin in Intel XDK. I am trying to update my game in the play store (that was interesting in itself...), so I will see how that goes. From what I have read (a lot of reading!), if you see the test ad, everything *should* be working. Maybe it's a matter of creating a new ad unit and using it's associated ID and seeing if that works.

Cheers - AC

• Haha best of luck! Yes, it should work that way. You don't need to create a new ID actually, as you only need the one. Sounds really weird, in case the problem still persist, you can tag cranberry games in this post here, I am sure he is more than happy to help.

• Well, after a few version updates, for various other reasons, the ads are showing, but with strange behavior. What I want to do now is remove the intersitial layout I created, and simply perform an AdmobAds.showintersitial in the 'on start of layout' event of the game over layout. I am wondering what would happen when the ad is dismissed. Would the layout then continue, or would I end up in a black hole?

• To be honest, I am not too sure if the game pauses, or continues to run at the back, but once it is dismissed, your layout will continue like how it should so no worries about that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks again mate!

• i have some problem for ad show intersitial . i have set the timer for give time to ad intersitial is showing ..

for the ad banner is normal...

"hero monkey bananas" at plays store

if want to check please help me.. because the problem make me not move on

• i have some problem for ad show intersitial . i have set the timer for give time to ad intersitial is showing ..

for the ad banner is normal...

"hero monkey bananas" at plays store

if want to check please help me.. because the problem make me not move on

Why would you put an unfinished game in the playstore?

And if you need help, wouldn't providing a capx and/or events be much more usefull than a "finished" product?

• Hi guys,

I'm facing the same problem of the initial description in this thread. The system is always showing test ads. No matter the value of the "test mode" ("true" or "false") in the properties of the object in C2. I mean, I never get real admob ads, only test ads.

I'm using Construct 2 233 and Intel XDK 3400 (the 3491 release has a lot of problems) and the addon "cranberrygame_CordovaAdMob_1.0.100.c2addon".

Someone has the same issue?

Cheers!

AlphaCharlie rekjl

• I'm having the same problem with the testing ads...no matter what I do it always show test ads.

I'll come back here if I find a solution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)