Question about the Mona Lisa tutorial

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • First off, forgive me - I'm a complete newbie to programming (except for assembly language, and other ancient programming languages, many moons ago). My question is this: in the Mona Lisa tutorial the boxes (to put the pieces of the puzzle in) are made to be an "instance" (not sure if I'm using the term correctly), which, in my mind, is like a family (then you can assign different attributes if you want). However, the puzzle pieces are brought in as an animation, and then the animation speed is set to zero (so it's not an animation at all).

I guess I need to know:

1) do instance images have to be the same? Example, if I have monsters, do they all have to be copies of each other, so they don't look different - they just act different (where you can set variables)?

2) by using animation for the Mona Lisa pieces, is that a way to easily treat them as a "family" so that they can share behaviors? And that allows you to have different images that are in one class?

• I haven't tried the Mona Lisa tutorial, but as far as I know......

Every instance of an object shares same images. But, if you want them to be seen differently (ex:objects Monster's instance1 has yellow eyes, instance2 has red eyes, etc) you can do that by setting their animation differently. (On an event, add action ? choose the sprite ? 'set animation'. Note that only Sprites have animations, no 9Patches or others.) A Sprite can have many animations, not only one. (ex: WalkUp, WalkDown, WalkLeft, WalkRight, Run, Fly, RedEyed, YellowEyed, ...) That's irrelevant to Family. The Sprites just have animations whether they're included to Families or not.

• What tutorial is that? I just searched the Tutorials page and I didn't find anything

• The Mona Lisa tutorial is from a book called Level 0, that has five tutorials for the absolute beginner, and they were great, really got me on my way.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The Mona Lisa tutorial is from a book called Level 0, that has five tutorials for the absolute beginner, and they were great, really got me on my way.

There is little chance of getting effective help if we have no idea about this tutorial.

Your best and quickest option would be to upload a .capx with the problem so we can take a look for you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)