question about cocoon's canvasplus plugin / alternative?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for an alternative to falling shapes, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hello guys,

the cocoon's canvasplus plugin was doing an excellent work regarding construct games performance.

but now cocoon is now shutdown.

the crosswalk plugin is good too but it geneerate very big apk sise and is no more supported.

- my question is how to make the cocoon's canvasplus plugin working with cordova ?

- or there a way or another alternative plugin to enhance performance of our construct games?

thanks

• Moved another of your topics to the appropriate forum.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you actually measure any performance difference? These days with modern software everything should be running just fine as it is.

• Can you actually measure any performance difference? These days with modern software everything should be running just fine as it is.

i can send you 2 apks of my game (with and without crosswalk for exemple) to see the huge difference?

• Send it to ashleyqmv@scirra.com and I'll take a look.

• Send it to ashleyqmv@scirra.com and I'll take a look.

sent

did you notice the big difference?

• I tried the APKs you sent and both ran perfectly smoothly on a Pixel 3.

This is exactly what I expected. There's no need for these hacks any more with modern devices, they generally work just fine. In particular Crosswalk may well be slower - it was deprecated years ago so it's a years out-of-date browser engine missing loads of optimisations in modern browser engines, and it bloats the APK.

• I tried the APKs you sent and both ran perfectly smoothly on a Pixel 3.

This is exactly what I expected. There's no need for these hacks any more with modern devices, they generally work just fine. In particular Crosswalk may well be slower - it was deprecated years ago so it's a years out-of-date browser engine missing loads of optimisations in modern browser engines, and it bloats the APK.

because pixel 3 is kind of good and powerful device

i did the test on s3 mini and the difference is huge

• matrixreal does your device use Android 4.4? You need at least Android 5. In Android 4.4 Webview doesn't work very well.

• matrixreal does your device use Android 4.4? You need at least Android 5. In Android 4.4 Webview doesn't work very well.

yes Android 5.0.2 Lollipop

• yes Android 5.0.2 Lollipop

Have you tried to update Webview in Google-Play?

• i did the test on s3 mini and the difference is huge

A quick look-up shows that the S3 Mini is over 7 years old. That's absolutely ancient for phones, and I'm sure the vast majority of devices in active use are much newer. For example Apple now show separate iOS usage stats for devices released in the past 4 years, which I think covers most active usage.

• > i did the test on s3 mini and the difference is huge

A quick look-up shows that the S3 Mini is over 7 years old. That's absolutely ancient for phones, and I'm sure the vast majority of devices in active use are much newer. For example Apple now show separate iOS usage stats for devices released in the past 4 years, which I think covers most active usage.

so no more support for old devices ? forcing marketing to always buy new phones

what about kids or young people who have cheap phones (not much powerful or old 32 bits phones)?

• All Android 5+ devices are supported. We are not talking about any dropping of support at all here.

If your device is 7 years old, I would guess there are only something like 1-2% of devices out there in active use that are that old. So if a 7 year old device doesn't run a game very well, I don't think it's a big problem. The game still runs though so it's supported.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)