How do I get a Progress Bar to show progress

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hi,

I've got a progress bar object in my layout and attached a timer behaviour to it. What I am trying to do is set the progress shown on the bar to be the current time on the timer, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried setting it to ProgressBar.Timer.CurrentTime("time"), but that doesn't seem to work. I checked in the manual which says that the parameter is a tag, but I don't really know what that means.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

• Progress bar is designed to show progress, so you have to set the maximum. And tag is the name of a specific timer, you have to start it before using its CurrentTime.

Say you set the Maximum of the progress bar to 10, then do this:

ProgressBar On Created -> ProgressBar Start Timer "MyTimerName" to ProgressBar.Maximum

Every Tick -> ProgressBar set progress to ProgressBar.Timer.CurrentTime("MyTimerName")

Now the progress bar should keep increasing when you run the game, and fulfilled at 10s. Then you can do some actions:

ProgressBar On Timer -> {Any actions you want to do here}

• Progress bar is designed to show progress, so you have to set the maximum. And tag is the name of a specific timer, you have to start it before using its CurrentTime.

Say you set the Maximum of the progress bar to 10, then do this:

> ProgressBar On Created -> ProgressBar Start Timer "MyTimerName" to ProgressBar.Maximum

> Every Tick -> ProgressBar set progress to ProgressBar.Timer.CurrentTime("MyTimerName")

Now the progress bar should keep increasing when you run the game, and fulfilled at 10s. Then you can do some actions:

> ProgressBar On Timer -> {Any actions you want to do here}

capx is better

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Something like this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)