How do I make my platform rolling system work?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • So yeah, I'm trying to make a system that causes my princess to roll down when on a slope... Rolling works fine, it continues and hits the wall and stops. This is what I want it to do. However for some reason I am able to move and press my arrow to the opposite direction and the sprite stops moving for the duration, I also can jump, which should not be able to happen. I think something on the ladder (petra) code breaks this, but I have no idea what it is.

I've been trying to figure out the problem for a bunch of hours and I think I'm just going to ask for help again, I'm sure its something simple, I just can't see it.

So, uh yeah? Please help me out if you know whats wrong. heh

Here is the .capx file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw7sth_-pQTXTFRtMTgtd2MxZFE/view?usp=sharing[/code:ori7crpu]
  • The problem is, if you use 'Start ignoring Platform input' 'simulate platform controll' will also not work.

Does the whole rolling not work if you disable the event in the ladder group was that this event started again the Platform input that you stopped again it in the rolling-conditions. So it switched back and forth. I set instead the jumping and deceleration to zero. Maybe there is a better solution but it works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5FlDY ... sp=sharing

• Thank you, if this is as close as a solution I can get to, I will take it!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You've set left/right pressed > rolling=0 but you can't press left/right because you've disabled player input so it just continues to roll until it collides with something.

This just needs a lot of tidying up imo, in the way that there are a lot of events enabling and disabling this platform behaviour and sometimes disabling player movement and acceleration. Can you not put this into one line somewhere, when 'rolling', disable platform input?

You could also group the player movements even further and have separate groups for rolling, walk, run, and any future player stuff so you can easily determine where something breaks.

• You've set left/right pressed > rolling=0 but you can't press left/right because you've disabled player input so it just continues to roll until it collides with something.

That's exactly whats supposed to happen.

Either way I cleaned up the code a lot earlier and its working fine now. So yeah. I still have to add in combat, movements, but I don't think its going to be too difficult at this point. After that my platform engine is completed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)