How do I get this perfectly?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I am trying to follow "How to make a Platform game" tutorial and currently on page 2 at the adding tiles section. I do not have the Jungle Platform asset so I use Kenny's Platformer Pack (Base pack>Tiles>tiles_spritesheet) for this tutorial. However, every time I try to do like in the tutorial I get this as the result.

As you can see in the picture above a bit of the tile is cut out. How can I fix this? Did I do something wrong? Is there better asset I can use for this tutorial?

Thanks in advance.

Link to the asset: opengameart(dot)org/content/platformer-art-complete-pack-often-updated

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you post a link to the asset, we can test it for you.

You currently won't have enough rep to post proper links, but if you swap full stops in the url for underscores, it should work.

• If you post a link to the asset, we can test it for you.

You currently won't have enough rep to post proper links, but if you swap full stops in the url for underscores, it should work.

Added the link at the bottom of the topic.

• don't import from sprie strip(spritesheet)...

import frames from files...

• korbaach beat me to it.

The asset strip from that set doesn't have tiles of a uniform height and width, so cannot be automatically imported.

What you can do is select 'import/from files' option and multi-select all the tiles that begin with the word 'grass' (as an example). This will then automatically import all the tiles as separate frames of 70x70 pixels.

• Yep, it worked. Thank you guys.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)