I need help making a game

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello! I'm very new to Construct 2 but I need help making a rather complex game. The things I need help with are:

-Randomized Enemy Drops

-Inventory System

-Cutscenes

-Customizable Controls

-Choices that affect the difficulty of the game, and also the ending

-Pokemon style movement

-...basically everything else

• Hello! I'm very new to Construct 2 but I need help making a rather complex game. The things I need help with are:

-Randomized Enemy Drops

-Inventory System

-Cutscenes

-Customizable Controls

-Choices that affect the difficulty of the game, and also the ending

-Pokemon style movement

-...basically everything else

Think you best option is to start doing the tutorials. You request for help is pretty wide, that I don't think you will get a lot of useful feedback. For people to have a chance of helping you, you need to be a lot more specific in what you need help with. And also at least show some code of what you are doing and that is not working. There are lots of different ways of making an inventory for instant, how will anyone know what you are aiming for?

• Yeah, you're right...

-looks at tutorials-

-gets buried by the sheer number-

Can't I just learn here?

• Learning by doing is definitely the best advice coming to coding and development. And in the long run it will even be a lot less time consuming than asking here. Of course you can learn here, but you need to be very specific, and it is often easier to help someone if they have something already. It shows that they atleast put some effort into it, and just don't want someone to do it for them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To do randomized enemy drops you can make a variable right clicking in the event sheet and clicking add global variable. You can then sync up each number to the drop. You can also use variables for these choices. I can't help you with anything else

• Searching the keyword "Enemy drop" you find as first result for the tutorials : How to code monster loot drops that displays several methods to do so.

You don't need multiple tutorials, you need to find tutorials in relation to the mechanic you are looking for.

"Inventory system" returns multiple potential good results. At the same time, inventory system depends on a lot of factors, depending on what you want your inventory system to look like and how you want it to work. So in this case, yes, going through several tutorials displaying several systems is useful.

• Hi Karsten,

Like you i'm very very new to construct 2 as i have zero programming knowledge.

What i did as suggested by the helpful peeps in this forum is that do some tutorials first and you will be surprised by how much you will learn.

For me i went through the tutorials first then i went and study the multiple different templates which comes together with construct 2, once i have decided on what type of game i wanna make i started and work on it.

And as suggested by the peeps here, try and start off do some development for your game, if you do run into problems, so take a screenshot or post your capx to show that you are trying and you would like to make this work and help will surely come.

And keep reading the forums, as some peeps will ask the same questions as you will once your development is underway, then download the different capx files which is often posted here. You can refer to them and add them into your game.

• Hi Karsten I was on your shoes 5 months ago. You should probably learn Construct 2 from the basics, step by step.

To be honest with you, the tutorials you're asking for might be too advanced for you, so learn C2 step by step. If you're too lazy to do it, then you'll never get to know how to make an inventory and all the other lists that you're asking for.

But if you keep learning, it doesn't matter how fast you learn, as long as you keep learning and practicing you will eventually get there. Trust me, I had zero knowledge about construct 2, 5 months ago & now the game that I've worked on for the past 5 months is up on the App Store.

So, good luck to you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)