local key exists not appearing?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Ludo Local Multiplayer board game can be played by 2 to 4 players
  • This has been doing my head in all day, I'm trying to add a highscore save function and I need to use "local key exists" when the layout has been started to check for the highscore.

But after 3 -4 hours of trying, the command will not apppear for me?

Heres a pic (remove the spaces to see it)

h t t p ://s21.postimg. org/ld77y20fb/help.jpg

I have a highscore tutorial capx and when I try to select "local key exists" as a condition in that, it shows!! but in mine it doesnt.

Am I doing something dumb or is this a bug? (I suspect the former but I cannot fathom out why its not working)

• I'm guessing you are either looking for "local storage item exists" or following a tutorial that covers the depricated webstorage-object..

If the first is true, it should be a seperate event, because a triggered event cannot be a subevent of a triggered event..

If the second is true, please look for a tutorial about local storage..

• What's the tutorial?

There are a lot of these save game tutorials and examples on here that unfortunately are using the - now deprecated - webstorage object. Swapping the method for the new localstorage object shouldn't be too difficult.

• What's the tutorial?

There are a lot of these save game tutorials and examples on here that unfortunately are using the - now deprecated - webstorage object. Swapping the method for the new localstorage object shouldn't be too difficult.

Here it is h t t p ://expirebox.com/download/a11c58f073636d4bf538a59d54a1b62d.html

(remove the spaces)

its not in english but the event sheet is english

• I'm guessing you are either looking for "local storage item exists" or following a tutorial that covers the depricated webstorage-object..

If the first is true, it should be a seperate event, because a triggered event cannot be a subevent of a triggered event..

If the second is true, please look for a tutorial about local storage..

aha.. yes the second seems to be true, I'm sorry about that. my fault for being dim.

• Hardly your fault. Many of the examples and tutorials need updating to replace webstorage with localstorage.

• I really don't want to start another thread today (I'm very careful about spamming) but I have an issue thats bugging me. I cannot seem to find the right way to trigger my game over text. I tried using "is physics sleeping" as the manual suggested (or my interpretation of it) but that doesn't quite work.

I have a capx here for you to have a peek at.

h t t p://expirebox. com/download/1590e9673ea346d8ee10e3b1b587c5d3.html

(remove the spaces)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For some reason I cannot download from that site without disabling lots of my security blocking addons :/

Usually, for game over triggers etc, I would use Global variables, so that for instance, when Lives < 0 Set 'GameOver' = 1.

Then in another part of the program - I would use a different Event sheet, as I find just adding and removing bits easier if they are on their own Event sheet - you would just have a single check for the Global 'GameOver' = 1 and go to your game over Layout or display GameOver text routine.

Is this the type of thing you mean?

• Not really, its a ball game where you drop balls into slots and score points, I want to trigger game over when:-

a: your remaining balls = 0

and

b: all the balls have stopped moving

I'm sorry about that site, thats scary. either my security is lacking or adblock filtered it out somehow. I'll see if I can find another place to upload it.

Edit:- perhaps try this h t t p ://www100.zippyshare. com/v/YMnHeLGj/file.html

if thats still a problem I'll have to do some research into what filehost to use.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)