How do I keep text on screen when moving?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • How do I keep text on screen (in the top-left corner) when moving (both vertically and horizontally)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• You can either use the anchor behavior or put it on its own layer (a user interface/hud layer, for instance) and set the scroll rate to 0,0.

• You can either use the anchor behavior or put it on its own layer (a user interface/hud layer, for instance) and set the scroll rate to 0,0.

Thank you.

• Can you go into a little more detail though? I tried anchoring and bringing it to the UI layer, but I actually do not see it anymore.

• Create a new layer (I call mine UI) and just set the parallax to 0,0. It defaults to 100,100. That way the layer doesn't scroll as the rest of the layout does. You can manually move the sprites on that layer to wherever you want and they will stay at that point on the screen.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Create a new layer (I call mine UI) and just set the parallax to 0,0. It defaults to 100,100. That way the layer doesn't scroll as the rest of the layout does. You can manually move the sprites on that layer to wherever you want and they will stay at that point on the screen.

It is not showing up for some reason.

• I bet you did not put it in the small box that is your game screen. You need to make sure your text is in the top left side of the screen. Since you screen will not scroll when you set it's parallax to 0,0

• I bet you did not put it in the small box that is your game screen. You need to make sure your text is in the top left side of the screen. Since you screen will not scroll when you set it's parallax to 0,0

Thanks I did not have it all the way in the top left corner of the game screen when I placed it.

• np, I ran into that problem before. Glad it was a easy fix.

• Try this little demo and you will find your answer

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)