How do I make isometic game...

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi, my name is Dusan

This is my fist post and I'm beginner in this...

I have question about isometric games.

Does anywhere in internet existing tutorial how to make isometric game. Not complete game...

I just need tutorial about object collision (I think collision).

If I have building and some moving object (sprite)

When I move on front side of building that sprite needs to be above building

but if I move sprite behind building i need that sprite to be behind.

Does any simple tutorial for this?

Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There are no tutorials that I am aware of but the answer is quite simple.

You know the problem, so try and think how you would solve this. I know of several solutions.

The first thing you could do is create a family that contains all sprite graphics. At the start of a layout, for each object in the family you could set its z order based on it's y coordinate. Any object that moves around (such as the player) you could put in another family and label it mobile sprites. Every tick in the game you would change the z order of objects based on their y position.

The second method would be to have two layers surrounding a character layer. For every object that can be walked behind you would split in half, putting part of it in a layer above characters or below, depending on what part of the object it is. This works well for grid based games where you can never be in front of a part of an object that you could also be behind. I think older games used this method but I am not sure.

----------------------

As for collisions, you need to create a polygon that allows the player to walk behind an object if that is what you want. A tree, for example, that was 64 pixels high may only have a collision polygon that is 32 pixels high.

Hopefully this helped.

• Here is a really simple example for you. Take a look at all the behaviors and and the events. It should be all you need.

• Go here: [quote:2pmm7pgu]https://www.scirra.com/forum/how-do-i-frequently-asked-questions_t63692

There is a section exclusively for isometric games

good thread to bookmark for pretty much anything you need in Construct.

• Ok people,

I will research this and tell you what I'm done...

Thank you very much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)