I'm trying to create a game that's similar to those vintage dexterity puzzles where you have to roll little balls into holes punched into a picture. I'm using the physics behavior and tilt (gamma and beta) to control the movement. For the most part I have a single "ball" rolling around the screen when I tilt my mobile device and it deflects realistically off of immovable objects, however, it seems like my approach, while simple, isn't ideal. The reason I think it could be better is because the performance seems a bit sluggish for such a simple scene -- only 7 objects, 6 of which are immovable, and between 40 - 50 fps on an iPad 2.
I don't have an easily accessible place to post my event sheet screen capture so I'm typing in the events below.
1. System -- On start of layout -- ball -- Set Physics world gravity to 0
2. Touch -- Gamma orientation < -2 -- ball -- Apply Physics force 2 at angle 180 at image point 0
3. Touch -- Gamma orientation > 2 -- ball -- Apply Physics force 2 at angle 0 at image point 0
4. Touch -- Beta orientation < -2 -- ball -- Apply Physics force 2 at angle 270 at image point 0
5. Touch -- Gamma orientation > 2 -- ball -- Apply Physics force 2 at angle 90 at image point 0
Thanks for any advice!