How do I Improve My FrameRate?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
City ride is a game to improve your memory.You have to focus and remember the information related to passengers of previ
  • I've been working on a game that will sometimes have up to 300-400 objects with the bullet behavior moving in straight lines. They're destroyed as soon as they leave the relatively small layout and whenever they hit something in the layout, so that's not the problem. Ideally I want at least 30fps, but often times 15-20fps is the case, leading to a "slow motion" effect that I'd rather avoid.

Any tips on how to improve the frame rate?

The bullets have four points in their collision matrix and move at 200 pixels per/sec.

Any tips are appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That many objects shouldn't really be causing such a slowdown, but without seeing what you've done we can only guess.

For example, I just quickly added 500 bullet objects to a Layout and the fps was a constant 60 FPS.

What does debug profiling have to say?

Maybe best to post your .capx for all to to check for you.

• That many objects shouldn't really be causing such a slowdown, but without seeing what you've done we can only guess.

For example, I just quickly added 500 bullet objects to a Layout and the fps was a constant 60 FPS.

What does debug profiling have to say?

Maybe best to post your .capx for all to to check for you.

Unfortunately the .capx is for my now completed game on the arcade and I don't really want to post the .capx because I worked really hard on it ;~;

Other possibilities is that the hero is a physics object with a linear dampening of 50... World gravity is set to 0, and on W is down, a forward force of 100 is applied, with A and D rotating it. (I wanted it to resemble the car movement)

• Hi Lightside,

It's really hard to debug performance without having the actual events.

But you should read the official "performance tips" section in the C2 manual if you haven't already. I hope that helps.

Performance tips - Manual

https://www.scirra.com/manual/134/performance-tips

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)