How do I get an HTML5 project to run on iOS?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi guys,

I hope this is the right forum -- I've searched through and have seen a few instances of people saying that iOS devices should handle the HTML5 exported projects just fine, but I seem to be running into a problem with mine.

I've been working on a simple dot game where the grid basically moves like a Rubik's cube (the whole row or whole column shifts), trying to get more familiar with Construct and arrays. It loads fine on the different Android phones I've tried, works in Chrome and Safari (on PC and Mac) just fine.

When I try to open it in Chrome or Safari on iPad 2 or iPhone 5 I just see a blank white screen with "Server Stopped Responding" or "Web Page is Not Available".

I am using a free webhost that shows a popup ad the first time you visit it ... but on Android and PC based browsers I just close out the ad and everything's fine. I hope it's okay to link to it: http://mario-test.webuda.com/dots5 -- is this something to do with the free web server I'm using? Or did I eat a whole box of stupid this morning?

Thanks for any help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was able to figure this out over the weekend -- it is definitely the pop-up ads delivered by the free hosting provider when you first connect. I threw a quick LAMP stack together and tossed my project on there and was able to hit it just fine from an iPhone, I'll be able to test iPad later today. I'll post back if there are any issues with that but it appears it was just the ads on the host end. The ads appear BEFORE whatever you have loaded on the server, since the ads couldn't display, it never got to my Construct game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)