How do I make a hidden objects game with a exciting story?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • Hi,

I was trying to create a hidden object game with C2.

Right now I have:

a. A compelling story!

b. Designing tools for each screens & levels (I know its time consuming to do all by myself, but its my 1st game so I wanna do it myself)

c. Story Board for 1st few levels ready on paper!

I am planning for some ideas with it, but wanted to know if i can do it with C2.. they are:

1. zoom in the screen upon double click/tap (both mouse and touch).

2. quality of the background image should be kept as it is. (as less or no animation usage is thr in each screen). How does FPS will be in support with webgl?

3. Backgrnd music (light to create the environment likewise) with music and sounds Off option.

4. targeting for tablet(ios/android/windows), Browser & PC/Mac versions as of now for obvious reasons.

5. additional levels & walkthrough guide on In-app purchases.

6. majority of the game will be point and click and few involves puzzles to solve!

7. Cut scenes in beginning for intro and climax!

I know it will be a big project but am on it with 100% commitment and would like to contribute to community with tutorials as well once i finished with few or more levels.

So i need your guidance on the above on how can i use C2 to make my requirements fulfilled and what all Dos and Don'ts you guys recommend!

• sorry maybe this answer sounds sh*tty but...

Read this:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/top

everything you want for your project can be made with construct 2, just start with your project and read the tutorials. If you have any questions that you cant find in the tutorials or the manual than just be free to ask here in the forums.

• I know that part! I already did with beginners tutorials.. All I want to know is Technical feasibility of my requirements wrt C2.. Hope am clear now!

• 1. yes should work with the scale option

2. if you dont plan to make a lot of moveing stuff than it should work with no problem, look at the finished games with C2 to get a better view what can be done.

3. No problem to make there is a tutorial for that too

4. can be done, read the tutorial for mobile screen optimazing

5. can be done with the IAP plugin (included in C2 persornal and business version)

6. sounds great

7. can be done with different layouts and so on, there are some posebilitys for this

i hope your questions are answered now

• yeah more or less..! you didn't cover Dos and Don'ts that i should look for

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hidden objects will not be difficult to make :

2-Many particles and animation frames or using alot of webgl effects will drop your fps, otherwise every thing will be fine.

7- You can make easy cutscene like this:

On start of layout ----- play animation (Cutscene) and play Music - wait 20 sec - destroy animation and stop Audio

• Hidden objects will not be difficult to make :

2-Many particles and animation frames or using alot of webgl effects will drop your fps, otherwise every thing will be fine.

7- You can make easy cutscene like this:

On start of layout ----- play animation (Cutscene) and play Music - wait 20 sec - destroy animation and stop Audio

Thanks for the tips mate!

• Also to learn fast how to make this. just search for any hidden object game then try to copy it on construct 2 just for learning.

• Also to learn fast how to make this. just search for any hidden object game then try to copy it on construct 2 just for learning.

Yup Played almost 10 of them and noted down best pointers and mistakes as a player to improvise those in my game

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)