Help with a auto scrolling game

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I started making an auto scrolling game, and I have some problems.

Whenever I jump, I just jump straight, but I want to make it so it jumps to the right. How do I do that?

You can use the file attachment if you like.

• Player platform is jumping - simulate pressing right.

or, copy your second event and invert it (in which case, simulate pressing right should just be an every tick event).

• Thanks, it worked, but when I jump, the scrolling is kind of weird. Again, the attachment.

• if you want the player to continue moving right when falling, as well, then use my second suggestion. if you want the player to always be moving right, no matter what, then just make it pressing right always.

• That also doesn't work. When the player jumps, it should go smoothly, but the screen just scrolls.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not sure what you're after, you've got the blocks bulleting across the screen left and a the player goes right with scrollto on it. pretty simple. not sure what the problem is?

• So, when I jump inside the window screen, I get a smooth scroll, but when I go outside of that and jump, it's different compared to the one inside the window screen.

• I'm still not really sure what you're saying. But maybe try changing the platform properties. jump strength and acceleration and such..

• You don't need event 5 and event 2's condition should be a "System: Every tick" condition.

You want the player to go right every tick.

There is still a "friction" issue, due, I believe to the value of the deceleration platform property that does not apply when the player is in the air.

Also, I'd suggest you'd actually look at the "Auto-runner template" that you have access to when you start a new project.

You will see a recommended way to do a smooth auto-scroller.

• Thanks, I used the template and it worked.

I've got 2 more questions:

How do I make a wall so the player doesn't go off screen?

Because the game I'm making is like the impossible game.

And,

When I play it, there is some kind of invisible wall that doesn't let the player advance.

The attachment.

• Thanks, I used the template and it worked.

I've got 2 more questions:

How do I make a wall so the player doesn't go off screen?

Because the game I'm making is like the impossible game.

And,

When I play it, there is some kind of invisible wall that doesn't let the player advance.

The attachment.

I'd like to know this as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)