How do I fix this issue with Layouts?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Heya all! I seem to be having a problem. I have a layout called World and every 5-10 seconds it's supposed to goto a layout called Battle.

This works fine. When I click a button labeled "Flee" it's supposed to return to "World". Unfortunately it's just re-initializing combat.

I use the variable init_combat to detect when combat should be fired and I reset it to 0 before switching layouts. Debugging shows it DOES change, but it's still consistently sending me back to Battle.

In the event sheet for World:

in the event sheet for Battle

• 1. Try setting timescale as it may be making 5-10 seconds happen really fast. It is a system event.

Note: Set the timescale first. Also during debugging try setting wait to 10 just so you don't get confused by the inconsistency of random.

2. Why even have that init_combat variable in this case. You can remove "every random(5,10) seconds" and turn it into--

"On start of Layout" -> Wait random(5,10) -> Go to Battle

• 1: Alright I'll try that and get back to you. Thanks for the input!

2: You're absolutely right. That was the way it was set up originally. It's only there as a remnant of code from where I was trying to figure out what was going wrong. I'll remove it immediately.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you are waiting 5-10 seconds to set init_combat to 1

and then if inti_combat = 1

then set it to 0 and go to battle

i think you should do it like this

at start of layout

wait 10-5 seconds

go to battle

when clicked

do all the neccesary actions

and then go to world..

i dont know what purpose init_combat has??

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)