How do I export to APK

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Yes, I say APK, and not Android.

Can anyone create a foolproof tutorial on this topic? Or maybe someone creates an all-in-one APK export plugin. [Believe me you'd make a fortune with this plugin]

So, far I know I have to export to Cordova, which actually means, export to Intel XDK. Install XDK on PC. Copy this, delete that, then install Intell Preview app on your smartphone. Launch the app, scan this qrcode. What a load of crap.

And then there's how you build the app into apk.... a huge zero.

You eventually get to "you cannot create certificates with Intel XDK, you do it with PhoneGap". So yep, go install another 3rd party application. Not only that you'll need to install it's Android counterpart of course.

Why do I have to install five 3rd party applications on my PC and Android phone in order to just view my game. Why isn't there a quick and simple way to pull the apk out of C2?

I spend more time researching how to export my app than it takes to create it, literally creating all my content [graphics, music, sounds, gameplay mechanics, etc.].

Is it really that difficult?

• Use Phonegap cloud build. No drama, no need to install anything, you will only have to create some icons and edit the config.xml file. If you have a Mac then you can get it to create the .IPA for you to upload as well.Tutorial

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use Phonegap cloud build. No drama, no need to install anything, you will only have to create some icons and edit the config.xml file. If you have a Mac then you can get it to create the .IPA for you to upload as well.Tutorial

Thank you!

Weird though, all the posts I've found pointed out that I need crosswalk or Intel XDK then move to PhoneGap.

I tried this and it works.

I can imagine it's a lot of work, but someone should mark all threads and tutorials as obsolete. The only thing they do is mislead C2 users, and probably discourage some of them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)