How do I enable/disable mirroring when attack animation is playing?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • Hey.

I have a question. I don't know if this question is asked before.

Basically i want my character to disable every control when playing attack animation.

logically it goes like this:

player is facing right > Left mouse click > Start attack animation (While attack animation is playing, player can't walk, jump, and facing left (mirrored) > Finished attack animation > Idle.

And vice versa

I'm sorry if my English is bad

Please help me, and thank you very much.

• if your player is using the Platform behavior, then when you start the attack animation, you can use "Set ignoring input" to have your player not respond to any input.

then use the animation trigger "On Finished" to stop ignoring input when the animation is done.

• if your player is using the Platform behavior, then when you start the attack animation, you can use "Set ignoring input" to have your player not respond to any input.

then use the animation trigger "On Finished" to stop ignoring input when the animation is done.

Good day sir,

thanks for your reply,

after i tried your suggestion, it works like wonder.

while attack animation is on play, the player can't jump, or run anymore, but it still mirrored when i press the A/D button on my keyboard.

I'm using transparent box sprite to attach my platform behavior and i'm attaching the animated sprite to the box (System > Every tick > Player > Set position to player box).

oh and i'm using simulate control.

"A" for facing left, and "D" for facing Right.

Thanks again for your reply

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't know if you solved it since, but adding "Attack is not playing" condition will prevent any actions to run while the attack animation is playing

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)