How do I drop items into an inventory on a timer?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Tabata timer
$9.99 USD
Template for Tabata timer, fully documented in comments and video
  • I am making a prototype of a game idea centered around using an inventory of crates that are opened to perform game tasks and one type of crate will be dropping into the inventory over time; money crates which need to be opened to get the money. Most of the inventory examples I have seen assume you will be 'picking up' items, I was wondering how can I drop an item into an inventory on a timer instead of upon some player action. The inventory needs to be drag and drop for my mechanic idea to work.

I can elaborate on my game idea if needed to help me out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If it helps, here is a capx of my prototype so far, which has some of the game's elements represented: http://punychan.org/games/capx/LootBoxCity.capx

• Most of the inventory examples .... You say ....

Most of the inventory examples have an inventory, a place to store things, usually an array.

You are still on a point that lacks one.

I will be happy to help, but at this point you have (besides a graphical representation, that should be a tilemap) nothing in place. So helping at this point will be rewriting one of the many inventory tutorials.

So may i kindly suggest that you, based on the many excellent inventory examples, code your inventory system. Without worrying about the 'delay' yet. Adding the delay, as in your question, i will be happy to help with.

• So may i kindly suggest that you, based on the many excellent inventory examples, code your inventory system. Without worrying about the 'delay' yet. Adding the delay, as in your question, i will be happy to help with.

I will work on that today, thanks for the advice.

• Also, plz, use a tilemap for the zones. That will spare you a LOT of code later on.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)