How do I have an 8 direction object ignore solids

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • This question has been asked before, but a workaround was not found (that I have come across in my searches). I have an object that chases the player around the screen. This object is constantly getting stuck on solids. These solids are necessary, in my case anyway, for the player to be not falling off everything. People in other posts have asked for a fix for this in the past, but a fix was never implemented. Aside from having a zillion different solid objects (instead of just instances of a single object), which would make for a bigger file size, and that would need turned on and off all the time, what is a workaround for this? This really seems like something that should be built into the engine but never was. I pretty much just want an enemy that kind of floats around the screen, ignoring everything except the player. The player has to navigate various platforms and ladders to evade.

• [quote:2ibb7vtz]I pretty much just want an enemy that kind of floats around the screen, ignoring everything except the player.

According to this statement, I would assume you don't need the object to collide with anything. You just need to disable collisions. Of course to test collision with the player you would have to check overlapping rather than collision with it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oooohhhhh! I will try this. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)