Dialogue system without character sprites/portrait?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • Hello! This is my first time in the forum. I don't have a programming background, so bear with me. I have a school project that's text based, similar to a visual novel in terms of gameplay, but visually closer to an interactive picture book. For reference, it's planned to be similar to Zephyho's YOU LEFT ME, without the camera pan.

I've checked dialogue systems and templates in this site, most of them are maximized for larger games and heavily rely on the XML file for sprite and picture changes. Mine's for a small project so I don't mind having a less compact event sheet. Is it possible to use XML purely for the text storing and parsing, while say, the background picture changes are done via events? If so, how do you do it? Is there any less tricky way to go around this? Any comment would really help!

I am aware that there's other softwares that's more suited for VN-like games that doesn't need coding like Tyranobuilder, but theres not too much to do with the UI and I got a licensed C2 from my teacher and I'm familiar with it, so I just had to ask, haha.

Thank you so much!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)