How do I create a timed item collection quest

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • hello! I'm new to construct 2, and I'm doing a platformer for a class, but our teacher doesn't know how to use construct except for the basics, and I only have previous experience in simple events in UDK so I'm getting nowhere : (

Anyway so my question is how to create a timed item collection quest. Like the player must collect pieces of heart and complete the heart before time runs out, and I'd like for a UI where the heart changes a bit like a health bar everytime you pick a piece. I'm guessing I'd go about that with different sprites and toggling their visibility? I'm just so lost and running out of time u_u

sorry and thanks!

• fukairi - well, timers are easy once you understand them. Make a global variable HeartTimer=0 and Every Tick->add dt to HeartTimer. This will keep track of game time. Keep track of when you've collected all the heart pieces and compare HeartTimer to the time goal.

You can have one sprite for heart and give it a few different animations depending on how many heart pieces are collected.

• fukairi - well, timers are easy once you understand them. Make a global variable HeartTimer=0 and Every Tick->add dt to HeartTimer. This will keep track of game time. Keep track of when you've collected all the heart pieces and compare HeartTimer to the time goal.

You can have one sprite for heart and give it a few different animations depending on how many heart pieces are collected.

Okay I figured out how to make the heart work more or less (on it's own, not attatched to an even mind you because I don't understand this program)

so yeah I spent two hours trying out different things today but I seriously couldn't get timers to work even after I looked at tutorials, and I have no idea how to go about building a counter for the items. I mean I guess with booleans but the problem is -how-. I just don't understand how to attach things together and well yeah I just have no idea how to do anything even though I've read dozens of tutorials u___u

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • guys? could someone help me ;____; my platform is due the day after tomorrow and I have no clue how I should go about this. Our teacher doesn't know how construct works and no one else can help me, please if someone would take their time and explain to me what I need and how do I do it, I would be so gratefull : (

• I was just trying to figure a way to use timers across layouts and saw this thread.. this is how I'm going to do it...

I'm checking build times, so it's a little different.

So if building something takes 30 seconds...I will just check the global timer Every 1.0 seconds against a variable and then when its equal set WaitingForTimer to '0' (off) then create the item the player wanted to build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)