yeah i guess i did it the way u wrote. ...
Each X represents its Itemslot in my Inventory. Each Y contains different informations for this item. Actually there are 27 different informations like name, icon, type, infotext, affix1, affix2, affix3 ...
What I actually wanted to do is, for example, give my items some unique and non unique effects (Affix). For example, I have a sword which should have some kind of damage, attackspeed and probably mainstat. So, these informations are stored into an array at Y=Affix1, Affix2, Affix3 - to determine its range, for each Affix, i have to use "Z" because I will give the player the ability to change an items affix. This means Y=Affix1 can be, f.e., "Damage" but it could also be "Attackspeed" or "Melee Range" or even nothing at all. BUT - this is not the problem. The issue I have is, I wanna show the player an items affix within only one textbox and only want to use one tooltip for each item. This means, my tooltip script and its visual content should update and adjust itself on its own.
1. There is a Sword - my Mousecourse is overlapping this sword - my tooltip appears - it shows name, type, damage, affixes and some text.
2. Then I drag my cursor over another item which is a "Key"
3. So now I wanna use the same script for my tooltip which figures out: "Oh hell yeah, there are no affixes on this item, just name and type.
4. Now, my scripts should look up Y=Affix1, Y=Affix2 (...) and recognize: "Ok really, all is "0", I dont need to append its content"
5. This finally should end up in scaling up and down my tooltips content from zero to a perfect fitting size and automatically "exclude" all unnecessary information I do not need.
So, finally, the problem is - u see my screenshot and my code - I ask for each possible affix: " ainventory.at( X=InventorySlot, Y=AffixLocation0-2, Z=0) NOT EQUAL 0 ". If it isn't Zero, I add 1 to a variable which should sum up the total affixes the item has. But always I get a total of 3 affixes my script sums up even if my comparison IS EQUAL 0, he adds 1 to my variable. And I use this variable to determine my textbox height. 0 Affixes should end up textbox.facesize*Variable=0...
Here is a screenshot of my non scripted tooltip: directupload.net/file/d/3973/aituctbr_png.htm
Here one of a screenshot while playing: directupload.net/file/d/3973/gh954gda_png.htm
You can see, there is Attack, Attackspeed, 3, 4, 5, ... , but u should only see Attack, Attackspeed...
Ok, you are right, its really confusing not having the code and reading this stuff but hope never dies i guess