Collision Polygon & Auto Crop

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I have an animation stripe which had someone shooting a beam projectile out. The issue is when another character collides with this someone, it collide even from a distance when the beam projectile is not even out yet. When I check the animation stripe frame by frame, the collision polygon for the earlier frames are smaller and by theory they should not have collide from a distance. Any suggestion to make this work apart from separating the beam projectile and character from the animation stripe?

For some of the animation stripes that I have, some of those I have to find a common point throughout to set the origin point manually so that they will animate properly. However some stripes contain effect animation where I won't have any common point to pick out. How do I work around this?

Thanks and appreciate any inputs!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tough to say without seeing your .capx

Can you post your .capx file using dropbox or other free download host

Your rep probably won't let you put a link in your post but you can get around this by using spaces in the link or taking out . to trick forum.

• try checking the master debug and click on the projectile in the object list you can see its polygon shape as it hit the target from there you can observe what is happening.

tell us what you see it may just be a scrolling issue or perhap you are spawning projectile infront of it instead of behind it,

• I have kind of work around (definitely not the best way) the collision polygon issue already but I still can't figure out the animation sprite solution. Surprisingly I can't find any tutorials or video that is remotely close to what I was working on. There's a high chance that I might be doing something wrong here. Would appreciate any advise or suggestions!

What should we do to ensure the correct animation for our imported sprites? I can't seem to get my animated sprite to animate like it should be because of the different size every frames. If I attempt to set the origin point to a common part that I can find in my sprite, it's similar but still off and I can't do this for all my sprites since some of them have effects over the character and that break the common part that I found initially.

• I have kind of work around (definitely not the best way) the collision polygon issue already but I still can't figure out the animation sprite solution. Surprisingly I can't find any tutorials or video that is remotely close to what I was working on. There's a high chance that I might be doing something wrong here. Would appreciate any advise or suggestions!

What should we do to ensure the correct animation for our imported sprites? I can't seem to get my animated sprite to animate like it should be because of the different size every frames. If I attempt to set the origin point to a common part that I can find in my sprite, it's similar but still off and I can't do this for all my sprites since some of them have effects over the character and that break the common part that I found initially.

Hey, when you export your sprites you could leave a pink pixel near one corner and after you set the origin point there, you can remove it.

For the collision problem, if you navigate to "View" in the top left of C2, then check "show collision ploys" under the "Display" section, you should be able to see the collision of your sprites. This won't appear when you run the game, but you can at least see it in the editor. And if you want to see another frame, double tap the sprite and move that animation frame in the first position.

Hopefully this helps. =D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)