How do I check if "animation" is overlapping object

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I can't seem to figure out how to do a condition for if animation is overlapping object than do this..

I.E. I am trying to have an explosion animation trigger damage on another object but cannot use the "is overlapping object" since the explosion is a separate animation.

Is there no way to do something like "object's animation is overlapping > object" ??

• The sprite is the object overlapping. Just add the extra condition "Sprite.Is playing" with the animation name.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • - Did you try this:

(Pick by Comparison: Sprite1.Animation Name = "Animation1") & Is overlapping Object(Sprite2)

• The sprite is the object overlapping. Just add the extra condition "Sprite.Is playing" with the animation name.

Thanks for the response

Yeah I knew about the object is playing condition, only I have that one object doing multiple things, but yeah I had to find a work around using instance variables, but thanks!

• - Did you try this:

(Pick by Comparison: Sprite1.Animation Name = "Animation1") & Is overlapping Object(Sprite2)

Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried which just refused to work for me, than I ended up using the object is overlapping and that seemed to work.

Regardless I think I have it fixed

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)