Animations: Is there a way to not auto play?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I want my animation to play on trigger. Is there a way to set auto play to false? Right now I have an action to stop the animation on start layout. Thanks.

• siuyee, in the animation properties for the Sprite object, there is a property for playing on start. To find that property, double-click on the sprite, then on the animation window, click on one of the animation names, which you may only have one animation, called "default" by default. Then, the main properties bar will change to have about five extra properties only related to animations.

I hope that helps.

• I can only see 5 properties: Speed, Loop, Repeat Count, Repeat to and Ping Pong. Where is the playing on start property? I am on the latest version

• I don't think there's a way to make it don't play the animation on start. Only thing I can think of is making the animation speed 0 by default, then with events you change it when you want the animation to start

• I don't think there's a way to make it don't play the animation on start. Only thing I can think of is making the animation speed 0 by default, then with events you change it when you want the animation to start

siuyee, yes, you can set animation speed to 0 to freeze the animation by default. Then, you can have a constant variable set to the animation speed that you want each of your sprites to have.

• Thanks for your replies.

• You mean like this

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Or just set an idle animation that is one frame and set it as the default...

• Or if the animation isn't a loop just set the "initial frame" option in the sprite properties to the last frame and trigger with 'start from beginning'...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)