[8-direction] Different speeds for different directions ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Character Sprite Pack: Walk 4 Directions made in illustrator
  • Is it possible to set different speeds for different directions on 8-direction? Think of games like Streets of Rage and Final Fight. The player character moves faster sideways than up and down.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can try to set speed movement for each control, everytime the player moves.

If you press the key to move up, you set the speed and simulate control Up. And same for the other directions (with different speeds).

• That wouldn't work when, for example, player moves down right. They would then move either slowly forwards or too fast downwards.

• NVM, fixed it! I simply set the Y vector to "sprite.8Direction.MaxSpeed/2". Sure it doesn't have accleration, but I didn't want that anyways so it works just as I wanted. And to make it move upwards I just divided the Y vector by -1.

• NVM, fixed it! I simply set the Y vector to "sprite.8Direction.MaxSpeed/2". Sure it doesn't have accleration, but I didn't want that anyways so it works just as I wanted. And to make it move upwards I just divided the Y vector by -1.

Srry i didn't really understand you question before hahahah Nice job

• What you might try is giving your player two copies of the 8-direction behavior. Set one to only left and right motion and the other to only up and down.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)