Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • QuaziGNRLnose, If you get the skeletal animation-option working I will surely be very interested in this plugin.

The object-manipulation I have in mind is far too complicated to achieve with morphs and speed is far less important than precision.

Being able to manipulate each bone separately would be very important.

Although I have been fooling around with other options (Unreal, babylon.js) I would love to be able to create my project in Construct2.

Yes as i have it the bones can be controlled / picked individually, as well as with exported keyframe animation. I've designed the system around the fact one would want to use skeletal animations where dynamic animation is important. I almost have it working but sadly exam periods are rolling around in university so it's difficult to find time to put in working on Q3D atm.

• googledrive.com/host/0B-Rseo5BvYB1flc4aDFyVkt0S3JZWlJzZngxbjMzeFVNYkY0SVVhNGNINVQ3bWJXaXc3aUE/index.html

Animation without morphing and bones. *.obj

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Rseo ... sp=sharing

I don't recommend doing animation that way. Change model is a slow and expensive function, even though it's optimized with recycling which speeds it up somewhat, actual morph animations is much much much faster and implemented entirely on the gpu.

• exam periods are rolling around in university so it's difficult to find time to put in working on Q3D atm.

o that's what's slowing down development so much. What a shame. I hope the export will at least be fixed soon, so we can show our projects around (which may also increase plug-in sales *wink*).

On a side note, let's say I wanted to develop a 3D first person game for a mobile VR system such as the Google Cardboard or Samsung GearVR. I believe that setting up two Q3D viewports next to each other and applying Construct's spherical distortion filter to each of them to get the necessary screen bulge should do the trick.

So I was wondering if there was a way to apply Construct's distortion filter effects to layers with Q3D objects on them, or to viewport objects directly. And even if I can't do it now with v2.3, could it be done at all in the future?

• Believe me I rather be working on the plugin than studying

You need to change Q3DMaster to use "inside" render mode to apply effects over it within construct. There's a performance cost on SOME platforms though since it has to render to a canvas then copy into a C2 texture each frame. This feature is pretty optimized and inexpensive in chrome but IE and Firefox have a much worse implementation (as usual with WebGL stuff).

You might actually be able to do without the bulge, i'm not sure about the specifics but i'm pretty certain I've tried examples that work fine without it. the cardboard examples if i recall.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • QuaziGNRLnose

Good luck on your exams!

You have already created an amazing plugin and although some of us (me) would love to see those extra possibilities implemented as soon as possible, it's impossible to complain (It might even be called disgusting, haha).

I do have one question still.

Except for the usual (max 4 bones influencing vertex) what are the limitations to the skeletal animations?

One of the most important parts for me would be to only scale the length of the bone (Y), so without changing the X or the Z.

I'm really looking forward to see if what I have planned will work in a way satisfactory, because my efforts in other Game Development Kits have shown me my limitations in programming.

• LittleStain

You can scale/rotate/position bones at all times. Basically full control of the bone matrices. Animations override certain things if they are present (i.e. If you animate with rotation, playing the animation overrides any manual changes to rotation.

Everything is pretty standard. You also have control of the interpolation mode between linear and catmull-rom variants

• LittleStain

You can scale/rotate/position bones at all times. Basically full control of the bone matrices. Animations override certain things if they are present (i.e. If you animate with rotation, playing the animation overrides any manual changes to rotation.

Everything is pretty standard. You also have control of the interpolation mode between linear and catmull-rom variants

I can only say:

"Thanks! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear!"

• You need to change Q3DMaster to use "inside" render mode to apply effects over it within construct.

For some reason when I set the render mode to 'inside' the camera is mirrored on the y axis. Everything is upside down when I run the game. Is that a known bug?

i'm pretty certain I've tried examples that work fine without it.

o, I'm afraid not. The lenses of the cardboard distort the image inwards. You need to apply a bulge filter to compensate that lens distortion.

• It's known, but it's a browser bug actually. The function it uses isn't implemented properly in current builds of IE and firefox... chrome/NW shouldn't be acting that way.

I've toyed with implementing feature detection to "unflip" it since firefox/IE never fix their broken WebGL. Not sure if it works everywhere yet but its in the update i've been working on. For now it should work in NW and chrome properly, and i really recommend using chrome to develop since they're the only ones up to standards in a lot of things relating to WebGL.

I'm aware the lenses distort the images, however a lot of demos work quite well without it from my experience since your eyesight doesn't really have a strong stereoscopic depth perception around the edges of your eyesight. I'll see how hard it'll be to implement a camera mode for VR alongside perspective/orthographic that has the lens stuff built in. Again though i don't have time to do it right now.

• Hello,

i have posted a long time ago this nice plugin but at the moment on an very old version. I can't send you an Private message(This is an information post.

Spammers are known to use private messages to send users spam. In an effort to reduce this spam, we've disabled the sending of Private Messages until you have earnt 500 rep.

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you really need to reply to a message but cannot, please check the senders profile to see if they have alternative contact methods listed. )

So here are my information: Paypal was: kleinandreas w e b .de (without spaces)

and can you send the information to my current email: kleinandreas84 g m a i l .com (without spaces)

Can you please send me the login information to my gmail adress?

Thank you in Advanced.

• The function it uses isn't implemented properly in current builds of IE and firefox... chrome/NW shouldn't be acting that way.

hat's what I expected, too, but the game is actually right way up in Internet Explorer and Firefox, but flipped upside down in Chrome and NW.js.

I'm using Construct2 r201 and Q3D v2.3.

I hope you'll finish your exams soon.

• > The function it uses isn't implemented properly in current builds of IE and firefox... chrome/NW shouldn't be acting that way.

> hat's what I expected, too, but the game is actually right way up in Internet Explorer and Firefox, but flipped upside down in Chrome and NW.js.

Do as I have in the example.

http://googledrive.com/host/0B-Rseo5BvY ... index.html

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Rseo ... sp=sharing

• Do as I have in the example.

I am already using your example capx as the foundation for my game.

I click the Q3D Master, then set its render mode to "Inside", then apply a "Sphere" effect to it. The result is what I wrote in my last post.

• > The function it uses isn't implemented properly in current builds of IE and firefox... chrome/NW shouldn't be acting that way.

> hat's what I expected, too, but the game is actually right way up in Internet Explorer and Firefox, but flipped upside down in Chrome and NW.js.

Yea I checked and the issue is most likely fixed in the next version already. If it's really a both you can try going to line 1161 in the runtime.js file of Q3DMaster and changing this code:

if(this.runtime.isIE||this.runtime.isFirefox){ // these two browsers are upside down....
    				glw.quad(blx, tly, brx, try_, trx, bry, tlx, bly);
    			}else{
    				glw.quad(blx, bly, brx, bry, trx, try_, tlx, tly);
    			};
    [/code:3biyos2s]

You should replace the [code:3biyos2s]if(this.runtime.isIE||this.runtime.isFirefox)[/code:3biyos2s] with [code:3biyos2s]if(true)[/code:3biyos2s]. That should fix it for you for the time being.

The new version uses proper feature detection, so it should become a non-issue after update. The problem was when 2.3 released this fix worked, and now for whatever reason it doesn't. hope that helps!

I'm sorry about exams but that's the way things are sadly! Nonetheless continued reports help me deal with issues, regardless of if i have time to make the fix now or later.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)