Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • hi

I wanted to know if it is possible to realize a Q3D rally.

I would like to make the landscape (roads, trees, houses, etc.) In 3d, while the car racing, with a sprite in 2D.

Also I would like to know if using Q3D you can use the Behaviors "Car".

Thanks for the reply.

Angiel

• Angiel

Yes thats possible.

Using the car behaviour would mean youd have to make the movement in X and Y only with faked Z even though the graphics are 3D.

• Thanks for the reply.

You are right, I can not use car behavior. I want the car moving even in the z-axis.

The game is similar to this (though this is a fake 3d):

codeincomplete.com/projects/racer/v4.final.html

Do you think I can realize it?

• Angiel

With the 3D physics update it should be simpler to build some kind of 3D gameplay. Q3D can do all the difficult work but there is still some requirement for you to build things on your own using the tools Q3D gives

• Why do u have the "anchor" behaviour on Q3D master, this is likely your issue.

Q3D has "anchor" style features already, theres no need for it and it will cause bugs.

• QuaziGNRLnose

Ok, but i haven't seen bugs with anchor

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • QuaziGNRLnose

How can i do blurred edges on object?

• , you cant, its not a simple operation in 3D, would need some kind of shader / trick that would be very expensive.

• Angiel

With the 3D physics update it should be simpler to build some kind of 3D gameplay. Q3D can do all the difficult work but there is still some requirement for you to build things on your own using the tools Q3D gives

Thanks for the reply.

• Is there a way to turn the image in the objects tab represent the actual object in the layout editor(or classify them into more recognizable colors/shapes)? it gets confusing to just see transparent untextured grey blocks after awhile of making complex layouts.

• Ziggums

Hmm so you mean like render a texture onto the shape or something, i could see where youre coming from so ill try to think of a way to improve it. I could try to make the shape textured perhaps? Do u have any particular suggestion? Its hard with the limited tools the c2 sdk gives, i really wish i could improve the editor more.

• Dont know how doable it is, but perhaps adding to the editor rep in the debug tab, alongside Wire and shaded, "Sprite/texture", to at the very least make each object recognizable. Although it would certainly help to make the textures for the 3d model and the ones that represent it in the editor be different(although i have no idea how feasible that is).

• http://googledrive.com/host/0B-Rseo5BvY ... index.html

Not a great test. The problem with the camera. Failed to shoot from the center of the screen.

• QuaziGNRLnose, Ziggums

Agreed, visualizing things in the editor is quite hard right now.

What I've been doing is I ad to each object an animation I call "icon". In it I draw a *really* rough sketch of how the object look in 3d. It's helpful for navigating the Events sheet and such, but it doesn't help in the Layout view.

If we had the option to use this "icon" as texture in the Layout, it wouldn't look very pretty, but we would be able to at least identify different objects.

Or even just use it as some sort of sprite placeholder in the editor? Although that might cause problems if the object is not 1x1.

Anyway, some improvement in that matter is something I'm really looking forward to.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)