Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • QuaziGNRLnose

This is a GREAT plugin. Great WORK

I Have two questions..

1. Import FBX or DAE Animation Model Directly ? OR Convert to JSON format ?

2. Work in Intel XDK Mobile - Android Crosswalk ?

• Slice

1. You need to convert to three.js JSON format first. There are various online tools for this and plugins for various modeling packages. I recommend exporting to json directly from blender, as this is the most "error free" way to do it. Not all features FBX uses are supported by Q3D.

2. Not yet, there seems to be a problem with cordova and model loading which im trying to work out. I'm pretty certain i'll eventually be able to get it to work with crosswalk/cordova. Other than that, Q3D runs fine on android chrome if the phone hardware supports WebGL properly as far as i've tested, but of course the hardware is slow and limits how much you can do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Slice

1. You need to convert to three.js JSON format first. There are various online tools for this and plugins for various modeling packages. I recommend exporting to json directly from blender, as this is the most "error free" way to do it. Not all features FBX uses are supported by Q3D.

2. Not yet, there seems to be a problem with cordova and model loading which im trying to work out. I'm pretty certain i'll eventually be able to get it to work with crosswalk/cordova. Other than that, Q3D runs fine on android chrome if the phone hardware supports WebGL properly as far as i've tested, but of course the hardware is slow and limits how much you can do.

Thank you QuaziGNRLnose

I will now to purchase the THIS great plugin

I Wait Q3D work perfect with crosswalk, continue this wonderful work

• Hello! I have some questions:

1. I want to use the same texture on different 3d objects. Is this possible? Ideally I would just use an atlas texture, and map everything I have onto it. I think construct uses some kind of automatic optimisation, but i'm not sure. Do I just add the same texture file on every model, or is there a way, or need to optimise?

2. I want to make an option to change texture colors. For example, I want to make a texture with a stripe on a background. Then I want to change colors of stripe, and background separetly, so I can have different combinations. Is this currently possible? Will I be able to do it with upcoming shaders?

Oh and thanks a lot for this plugin. Looking forward for new features!

• Hello! I have some questions:

1. I want to use the same texture on different 3d objects. Is this possible? Ideally I would just use an atlas texture, and map everything I have onto it. I think construct uses some kind of automatic optimisation, but i'm not sure. Do I just add the same texture file on every model, or is there a way, or need to optimise?

2. I want to make an option to change texture colors. For example, I want to make a texture with a stripe on a background. Then I want to change colors of stripe, and background separetly, so I can have different combinations. Is this currently possible? Will I be able to do it with upcoming shaders?

Oh and thanks a lot for this plugin. Looking forward for new features!

1. By default Q3D shares textures per object type (i.e. If you have a q3dmodel called object1 in construct, all object1 instances share the texture in gpu memory, but if you also have object2 with the same texture, its instatiate in memory. If you really need to share textures in gpu memory, q3dmaster has texture creation actions, and q3dmodel has a special "use texture from q3dmaster" action in advanced x stuff all the way at the bottom of the add action list.

2. You can use lightmaps with primary uvs to have two seperate "diffuse map" channels. You will definitely be able to do it with some colour replace shader when shaders are working properly, but itd require copying the existing phong/basic/lambert shaders first.

• QuaziGNRLnose

Is there any way to test your plugin before buying ? A demo, or a trial version or at least some videos that explains how can be used ?

For example I want to make a top-view tank game with the logic and collisions in 2D using sprites, but the tanks to be in 3D (and the ground/terrain will be 2D/Tilemap). I would like to see how I can implement it and how it would run on mobiles/tablets.

• tgeorgemihai

That game concept would definitely be possible. Q3D includes simple 3D collision detection but you're equally free to use invisible sprites for the underlying logic, and position the 3D objects based on those. I can say at this point the plugin is quite user friendly, but it's still a lot more complex than vanilla construct since you need to understand scene graphs / a different workflow.

There is no trial version. You can assume performance is equal to that of any current three.js examples/projects of comparable scope to what you want to achieve, the underlying engine is the same so the performance should be mostly equivalent in terms of rendering (logic depends on implementation).

I don't have any videos yet, and i know that's a turn off for many users. I plan to improve the plugin enough that no major changes will occur before I make videos, as having them go obsolete after putting a great deal of effort into them wouldn't be worth it. I'm thinking this will be after the next update in which I plan to include support for 3D physics and skeletal animation. This might realistically be out anywhere from 2-4 months from now, if you don't mind waiting potentially that long.

Other than that, i check the forums regularly, especially this thread, so feel free to ask as many questions as you wish!

• I have 2 questions:

-Do we have something that generate Text 3D like that?

http://jeromeetienne.github.io/threex.t ... basic.html

-Do we have an ability to do snapshot on canvas and then apply a texture with Base64 canvas on 3D model? I'm looking solution to apply 2D text on texture of 3D model.

For example: http://jeromeetienne.github.io/threex.d ... basic.html

BTW, I found: http://www.threejsgames.com/extensions/ it's not framework, these are modules, I wonder if is doable that we can integrate them into Q3D

Thanks!

• I played with adding text generation features, but they didn't work well. You can't use any font so your limited to js fonts which don't really work well. Generating the geometry for anything more than a first time initialization is too slow for real time use anyway, so i suggest exporting letters/text as models and using Q3DModel instead.

You can create new textures with Q3D master and load them onto models with the action in "advanced x stuff" near the bottom, you do need to have a texturemap of the specified type existing already though (i.e. you can only replace the current texture for a diffuse map if the model had a diffuse map to begin with in its animations). I think you can use a canvas URL instead of an image URL and it'll work.

Those extensions don't really work that great / offer much. They can't really be simply integrated and aren't of consistent stability. what features interest you.

• Thanks for your reply, about the text, well, that's shame however separated letters may be OK.

About advanced x stuff, I have a question, when a 3D model as car contains some parts like wheels, door and glass were separated for selection. Is possible to apply different material or texture to separated parts in one 3d model?

Heh, I guessed these extensions look not flexible, I would like to answer your question about the features interest me:

Spotlight:

http://jeromeetienne.github.io/threex.v ... basic.html

Video texture:

http://jeromeetienne.github.io/threex.v ... xture.html

Grass:

http://jeromeetienne.github.io/threex.g ... /demo.html

• 1. By default Q3D shares textures per object type (i.e. If you have a q3dmodel called object1 in construct, all object1 instances share the texture in gpu memory, but if you also have object2 with the same texture, its instatiate in memory. If you really need to share textures in gpu memory, q3dmaster has texture creation actions, and q3dmodel has a special "use texture from q3dmaster" action in advanced x stuff all the way at the bottom of the add action list.

2. You can use lightmaps with primary uvs to have two seperate "diffuse map" channels. You will definitely be able to do it with some colour replace shader when shaders are working properly, but itd require copying the existing phong/basic/lambert shaders first.

Thanks for reply! It's much more clear for me now. Can't wait for shaders and bone animations!

• Joannesalfa

you can already make the grass and spotlight using Q3D, the spotlight is just a transparent model added to the light, possibly with an alpha map diffuse texture. The grass is well, just textured geometry on the terrain model. These are very project specific effects and i'd think making themselves would be the best way to get them to look the way you want

I'll see about video textures, but its not high in my priorities right now.

You can't use model materials and the "advanced x stuff" setting, it doesn't work because "model materials" are optimized to all share the same textures/geometry/materials on the gpu. it's a lot more complicated than it seems behind the scenes! I suggest you break up your model into parts anyway, cause having stuff you need to change dynamically its much easier to select/pick using constructs event system, and the plugin is optimized for doing things this way. I'll have to find a way to allow modification of the model materials, but it'll be slow and break optimizations.

• Ok, good, besides to advanced x stuff, do you suggest I should use separated models to load such as glass.obj, wheels.obj and chasis.obj instead of fullcar.obj?

I have a problem about creating Q3D models that won't apply textures, I found a workaround to copy your object from examples, I stil don't understand what's the cause of problem. Enclosed a .capx includes .obj and texture.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... oblem.capx

Other thing, I've used three.js exporter addon https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/tree ... rs/blender in my blender and exported as .json, I tried to load 3D model but i got javascript error due to length, besides I renamed from .json to .js, i got same error. Do you know how to fix it?

• Joannesalfa, you need to set your animation name in the model to "DiffuseMap". I had the same problem the other day - I didn't realise the requirement.

On that note, QuaziGNRLnose, could you please set the default animation name to "DiffuseMap" when creating a new Q3DModel? I know it's a minor thing, but if it's possible, it'd be appreciated alongside the next update.

• Joannesalfa, you need to set your animation name in the model to "DiffuseMap". I had the same problem the other day - I didn't realise the requirement.

On that note, QuaziGNRLnose, could you please set the default animation name to "DiffuseMap" when creating a new Q3DModel? I know it's a minor thing, but if it's possible, it'd be appreciated alongside the next update.

Its not possible with the c2 sdk afaik.

In anycase, you dont always want a diffusemap!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)