Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • QuaziGNRLnose

would you so kind to tell me how long it would take till update?

• BTW With iOS8, Q3D is usable on iPad with reasonable speed. (couldn't test tiny tank because of the lack of input, but other the demo worked, and examples from the three.js website are really impressive)

• QuaziGNRLnose

would you so kind to tell me how long it would take till update?

I already messed up multiple deadlines i set for release and now I'm back in school, so it'd be difficult to make any promises. I'm working on optimizing the collision system as it's not performing well enough to be usable yet, which means object recycling and more complicated sub systems are going to be needed, this will require time. I started work on how to do this today. There's a lot left to be done.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would like to ask you a question about this method, do we have like that with current plugin?

• CSG operations are really complicated (and slow), i don't plan to add them to the plugin as even optimized native programs slow down with them, I don't think they'd be very viable in a browser for any use in games that warrants even trying to add them.

• any news with the update?

• I've finally gotten the bulk of the collision system complete. It took a while as i was trying to tweak it to be as efficient as possible (collisions quickly slow the system down without a proper culling phase due to the quadratic nature of testing every object with every object)

I used a 3D spatial partitioning scheme, similar to the 2D system construct uses, also using AABBs and spheres for the broad phase. Right now the system supports 3 collision primitives: bounding spheres, Axis aligned bounding boxes, and Oriented bound boxes. For now this is all there will be but i plan to add capsules, rays, points, and eventually if possible cylinders, ellipses, and cones, but these extra primitives probably wont be in the next update.

I'm now working on automated texture loading and a system for handling textures on objects using the animation system. I'm planning to make it so you'll be able to simply do everything in the image editor, and control the textures like you do sprite animations/frames.

After this i should have something which can be released, but there'll be future mini updates to extend the functionality. What took so much time for this update was that i had to completely reverse engineer and re-purpose construct code for collisions, which was a much bigger undertaking than i anticipated.

I've tried to make the object based plugin in the update as user friendly and efficient as possible. However, the SDK is pretty limited when it comes to the stuff i can do with the edit-time which is unfortunate. I wish Ashley would add more features to the edittime so that plugin devs could make little windows to set properties, because right now there are about 30 properties that are just stacked one above the other in a large list, other than this tho i'd like to think the plugin is straight forward to use.

It'll still be a while till it's out but this is my progress thus far.

• QuaziGNRLnose

What about 3d animation support?

• Thanks for the news, I hope it would be more flexible

• I got the camera to work! Sort of, though you have to use arrow keys to look around. I would prefer mouse movement look around, but here you all go! First person view look around. I'll see what I can do for mouse look around also.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B8m5DDRra ... 1fUWtfSW8/

Pretty cool... Everything is upside-down in Safari... So I tried Chrome and it works nice...

Did you do all of this within C2 using the plugin or was coding involved?

• Thank you for this nice plugin. I have bought it get an url for download but i lost them. What can i do? Do you have an member area for download it again?

• Any plans for mtl file support?

• You should be able to import objects with their materials using the three.js json exporters and loading those filetypes.

https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js/tree ... /exporters

My goal is to try and support these files better for the time being, before supporting extra importing options.

You're going to have to pm me your paypal name / email address / or some proof i can use of your transaction. Theres no way i can find you otherwise.

• QuaziGNRLnose

I tried that and it did load all the materials but it doesn't show the dif textures, can i load textures from json and add another jpg for materials?

• QuaziGNRLnose

I can't send pm i get the error:

This is an information post.

Spammers are known to use private messages to send users spam. In an effort to reduce this spam, we've disabled the sending of Private Messages until you have earnt 500 rep.

Apologies for the inconvenience. If you really need to reply to a message but cannot, please check the senders profile to see if they have alternative contact methods listed.

My paypal is kleinandreas(at)web.de ! Hopeful that helps you!

Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)