Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I'd rather not- it uses various unofficial plugins, one of which I created and isn't really in a publishable state. Also there's probably various things that could be improved with the events/calculations.

btw, If anyone knows how to calculate whether a circle (a flat disc; not a sphere) intersects a 3d polygon, let me know.

• @QuaziGNRLnose

Just a feature request, since you're planning to release one last version of Q3D - I have nothing but praises (as a happy purchaser) and I fully understand that the code has become to unwieldy to maintain. No negativity here.

Would it be possible to implement render style overrides for the Q3DViewport object? Specifically, I'm looking at having multiple viewports showing the same scene/camera, but one having the scene normal displayed (like setting an object's materials to Normal) another showing depth etc. - it would allow me to do runtime "comping". Right now, the only way I can achieve this is creating a literal copy of my base scene and setting all materials to normal etc. Not ideal, as you may know.

Thanks in advance.

• Well, I bet I am the only person who has read all 169 Pages..! My brain is overloaded.. "Do not have 'minimize' checked on export"..

I can only hope Q3D will have better integration with C3 for a powerhouse of a game creating toolkit!

They can call it "C3D"

• Hello!

Upon Exporting an .obj file from Cinema 4D, I stumbled upon this error : gyazo.com/86c4420cc45ef673434d8d7f074c8cb2

What did I do wrong?

• Mattertainment

First thought, there's something wrong with the .obj - upload it and I'll take a look.

• Mattertainment

First thought, there's something wrong with the .obj - upload it and I'll take a look.

Here's the link(Nothing but a simple deformed cube): tinyurl.com/h5j2zqs

Thanks in advance! ^^

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The forum truncated the link. Use something like TinyURL to shorten it.

• The forum truncated the link. Use something like TinyURL to shorten it.

Edited my previous post! Sorry, and thanks again!

• Prominent

Assuming the circle can be rotated in 3d you can then think of it as a plane. This link has some useful equations:

http://paulbourke.net/geometry/pointlineplane/

Edit:

1. Just find the intersections between the circle plane and the edges of the polygon. If none intersect it doesn't collide.

2. With the intersections check their distance from the center to see if they they're within the radius. If any do, it's a collision and you're done.

3. if none of the intersections are within the radius, and you have two intersections you then find the closest point from the line between the intersections and the center.

• Thanks R0J0, that makes sense. If I can manage to implement that, I suspect I'll be able to improve my collision handling. At the moment I use a lot of little raycasts clockwise and counter-clockwise to imitate a circular collision check, but it isn't accurate enough and also probably overkill.

• Hi

I wanted to know if with this plugin you can create a game similar to Minecraft :

1) A map (cubes) randomly generated

2) Save / load your current game

3) Destroy the cubes

4) Inventory

5) Crafting

6) AI of the enemies

6) Combat

etc.

Is this project hard?

thank Angiel

• Hi

I wanted to know if with this plugin you can create a game similar to Minecraft :

1) A map (cubes) randomly generated

2) Save / load your current game

3) Destroy the cubes

4) Inventory

5) Crafting

6) AI of the enemies

6) Combat

etc.

Is this project hard?

thank Angiel

Hi Angiel,

It depends on how much knowledge you have on the eventing system in Construct 2 and the Q3D plugin.

Let me reply to you in the same steps you asked...

1) Do you have knowledge on Arrays? You need to be able to link it with the XYZ-axis, adjust the coordinates, and also; How big do you want to make your game? Do you have modeling/ texturing knowledge?

2) There is a save/ load system in Construct 2, but you'll need to edit it to make it work with the array system.

3) Make the 3d object in the array part of a family and make sure every different kind of block has different ID's(using family variables?) so you will be able do destroy an individual block from a family by using conditionals.

4) Arrays, Variables, Link a database to each item in the array. Arrayception ;P

5) Conditions using Arrays.

6) Use on overlap, or compare 2 values conditionals, etc...

In my opinion I can tell you it's easier to make a Minecraft like game in Construct 2 than in Unity.

But I don't recommend doing this if you are a beginner, as you would also need to edit the renderer to make the game perform well(which is hard to do). Unlimited land generation with collision detection and things like that is very heavy on your CPU, so keep that in mind.

This would also take a long time to make, considering the time it took developing Minecraft, and perfecting it.

I already struggle with making my models and textures work after importing them to Construct 2, even though I correctly have imported the files being sure they're linked well together.

Final answer, do not let this stop you, but hold off on beginning with a project like this until you have a lot of experience using a lot of different behaviors in Construct 2, because this will test your knowledge and patience.

Cheers!

• Hey All,

anyone were successful yet in converting FUSE Models into a format this plugin can read (also the animations?).

This would be really helpful

(I'm just too bad in modelling and animating manually)

• Ubivis you not only one in I'm just too bad in modelling and animating manually I am too

• thanks for the reply.

My knowledge of Construct 2 is average, perhaps the 2D project is easier to achieve (like Terraria).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)