[Plugin]Board, Layout2Board [Behavior] Grid Move

From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • iwontnamemyself

What's the physical moving of wrapping should be?

For example, I could set logical position wrapped from (0,9) -> (0,0) in 10x10 board.

But what is the physical moving in this case?

step1. move from (0,9) to boundary of (0,9) and (0, 10)

step2. set position to boundary (0,-1) and (0,0)

step3. move to (0,0)

• Update

plugin rex_board: Now user could fill all tiles in the board by single action "Action:Fill tiles".

• rexrainbow - If it's possible, on a 10x10 board, the physical wrap should begin once sprite.x + sprite.width begins to pass through the (0,9) (0,10) boundary and start to appear at the (0,-1) (0,0) boundary. It would appear as if the sprite was in both locations at the same time. Once the origin of the sprite enters the (0,0) location, then the logic position changes from (0,9) to (0,0).

• iwontnamemyself

The logical position will be set immediately before physical moving. This part might be easy.

The problem is physical moving, I need some days to think about that.

• rexrainbow - Do you think there will be a way for me to get it to look like the sprite is wrapping pixel by pixel?

• rexrainbow - Is there a way to create chess outside of the Board boundaries? I'm back to thinking a mask would be the way to go. Currently, I have 2 projects working, one using your Board plugins and one without. On the one without, I'm able to create chess outside of the board area, but I'm unable to figure out how to achieve this with the Board plugin. Do you know of a way to do this? Or do I need to make the Board bigger and create the chess only in the middle so I can have tiles for the new ones to spawn over?

• iwontnamemyself

I try to make rex_grid_move to move with wrapping mode currently, it needs some days.

I had added "Wrap" property in rex_board already, it could pick logical wrapped neighbors now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • iwontnamemyself

You could create chess instance by system action: create, then use rex_board action: add chess to add it on the board. This action will not set the physical position, user needs set position manually.

• rexrainbow - I downloaded to new rex_board the other day when you posted it, but I haven't noticed it registering the wrap. I'll see if I can create a new debugging system to check everything though.

I tried system: create at x, y, and board: add chess, but it wouldn't display the chess on the screen and the debug layout said they weren't there logically either. Like I said though, I'm gonna mess around with it all for a while longer to see if I can get it to work.

[edit] I figured out what I was doing wrong when trying to create the new chess. I was using the logic position instead of the physical. lol [/edit]

• rexrainbow - I can't seem to figure out how to get the logic position to wrap still. I enabled the wrap property of the Board, but when I move a sprite to the first position off the board, it's still showing up as -1, -1 and the position the block should be logically is showing up empty. Also, If I move a sprite to the next logic location on the board, it's showing up as position 0, 0, no matter where on the board it is.

Maybe I'm just not understanding it, or maybe it's cuz I set up the debugging wrong, so I'll keep working on it...and I guess I'll go through all your .capx again.

• iwontnamemyself

You might wait me for finishing the integration of wrapping feature. Currently I had not release any sample capx about wrapping.

• Update:

Please update all my board series plugins/behaviors

Add "wrap" feature. Set it in properties table of rex_board object.

Here is a sample capx of grid moving in the wrapped board.

Here is another sample capx to get move-able area in the wrapped board.

Document will be later.

iwontnamemyself

You could try it now.

• Thank you so much rexrainbow ! I'm gonna test it once I get home from work.

• rexrainbow - I haven't been able to figure out how to get a sprite to wrap like in your capx by using touch instead of the keyboard. It seems pretty straight forward though, which is why I don't understand why I'm having an issue. Is grid move or slg movement required for the wrap to work? I don't see the layout to board plugin in you capx either. Do we not need that anymore? What's the purpose of InstGroup? It doesn't look life it's set to anything and what is the Chess.Player Boolean for?

• rexrainbow - I haven't been able to figure out how to get a sprite to wrap like in your capx by using touch instead of the keyboard. It seems pretty straight forward though, which is why I don't understand why I'm having an issue. Is grid move or slg movement required for the wrap to work? I don't see the layout to board plugin in you capx either. Do we not need that anymore? What's the purpose of InstGroup? It doesn't look life it's set to anything and what is the Chess.Player Boolean for?

I'll make a sample capx for moving on wrap board with touch + path finding later.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)