[Plugin] Table (2D Dictionary)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Times Table. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • This is a simple 2 dimensional associative array (values access by "name" instead of integer "0" index). It functions just like the official "Dictionary" plugin but it has 2 dimensions instead of 1.

It supports loading raw JSON data directly to it which can be useful if you do a lot with AJAX.

It supports minification and I believe all bugs have been found but if you find any please let me know. I use this in all my projects so I will actively maintain it to ensure it works correctly.

Plugin

TRBLSM_table.zip

Example capx that demonstrates all functions supported.

TableExample.capx

If you have any questions or need help using it Ill do my best to answer in a timely manor.

Thank you

P.S I also created a 3D version so you if you need a larger object you can try out the "Storage" plugin instead.

[Plugin] - Storage (3D Dictionary)

https://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-storage-3d-dictionary_t125861

• Hi,

Thanks for this plugin, that's help me a lot. But I need you're help.

Currently I get two server response type:

first have this form : "{"USER":"CAN'T_CONNECT"}" and i have no probleme to get the user parameter.

second have this form "{"USER":{"somekey":"somevalue"}} and when I try to get USER value with Table.Get("Query","USER") but i get "0" and not my json object.

Any tips to fix that?

• AGCompany - No problem let me see if I can help .. So if I understand you correctly your trying to load this into the table object and and then get the "somekey" value out of out it?

{
    "USER": {
    	"somekey": "somevalue"
        }
    }
    [/code:2tnb5y4c]

A 2D JSON object is considered a Table and each row in it is a List and each List has fields with Values. 

Table=> [List]  => [Field]      = Value 
    Table=> USER => somekey = somevalue

You need to use the "Merge JSON to Table action to load your JSON object and then use the Table.Get([ul],[field]) expression to retrieve the value
    [attachment=1:2tnb5y4c][/attachment:2tnb5y4c]

The screen shot above will print "somevalue" to the text object

Here is a capx demonstrating how to get the value
    [attachment=0:2tnb5y4c][/attachment:2tnb5y4c]

Hopefully this helps
  • That's it, thank's for the help

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • where is the download link?

• he forgot it :p :p

• Yah.. the forum doesnt support files any more.. i need to upload it to drop box and create a link.. ill gget the links up tomorrow

• thanks

• Moved files to drop box and updated the links... they can be downloaded again.

• Hi, very cool plugin, saved me a lot of messing around with arrays and dictionaries, great work!

I am having problems getting "Sort List" to work on my table, is this action not fully working yet?

I am asking because I noticed it is not documented in the example capx.

• - Hi and thank you ...you're right i must have forgotten to add it to the text capx. sorry about that.. i use it in my project so i know feature works but i just in case tested it anyway and add it to the example. You will find it at the bottom now if you wish to re-download the test capx for reference.

ands here's screenshot of the example on how to sort

let me know if you find anything else i missed or if you have any questions.. thank you

• Oh i see my problem now, it sorts the fields by value, I thought from the description that it was to sort the list by fields.

v1=aweasd

v2=sdfsd

v3=mdfg

v4=bdgds

Is this possible?

• - ah.. easy enough.. I just added it and updated the plugin.. if you re-download the plugin and the example capx again you will see at the bottom how to sort a list by fields instead of values.. the action is called "sort list by field".

• Great, thanks a lot!!!

• This plugin is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you for putting the work in and saving me hours!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)