[PLUGIN] Paster

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Man, a shame this plugin doesn't seem to like textboxes.

I was looking for alternatives to the vanilla canvassnapshot because it insisted on giving me blurry images whenever I took snapshots of one part of the layout (using the resize canvas method on a letterbox scaled layout; for example, taking a snapshot of a 800x500 area would give me 900x600 instead)

With the Paster plugin I was able to get the snapshots with the correct sizes in proportion to the current width/height, but they're still somewhat a little blurry. So instead I placed the Plaster object over the area I wanted to get a snapshot from, and pasted all object underneath. Worked like a charm and would even give me high quality screencaps whenever the browser window is much smaller. No quality loss.

But it refuses to play nice with text objects. Not only the text flips, it also moves on the canvas and becomes smaller. It changes positions depending on the screen size.

I know this plugin isn't going to be updated anymore, but sadly I can't get C3 yet (especially with this new subscription model) so I'm looking into alternatives. Aside from maybe turning the webfont into a sprite font?

This version uses the vanilla snapshot method

And this is a test version and uses the latest Plaster plugin method

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

• Hi,

Is it possible to zsort pasted objects?

• Hello! Does anyone have the download link?

• At the risk of stepping on toes, I needed a PasteLayer option a while back and always meant to forward you the code. Since you aren't actively working on Paster anymore, I offer this addition, should anyone else find it useful.

Paster_withPasteLayer.zip

Example

If you go back a few pages, I actually added Paste-Layer, as I needed it also.

I posted an addition a while back. The link still works.

• > At the risk of stepping on toes, I needed a PasteLayer option a while back and always meant to forward you the code. Since you aren't actively working on Paster anymore, I offer this addition, should anyone else find it useful.

>

> Paster_withPasteLayer.zip

> Example

>

> If you go back a few pages, I actually added Paste-Layer, as I needed it also.

I posted an addition a while back. The link still works.

Oh! Thanks!!!

• Was wondering if I could get some clarification on the draw quad function of the plug.

I am assuming that the coordinates are x1,y1= top left, x2,y2= top right, x3,y3= bottom right, x4,y4= bottom left.

Is this correct?

If so, is there any reason that a set quad color immediately after the draw would not set the correct values?

• The coordinates are correct. You set the colour first, then draw the quad. Keep in mind the coordinates are screen coordinates. They are not relative to the paster object. This threw me at first. Place it at 0,0 to experiment. You'll see what I mean.

+ System: On start of layout

-> Paster: Set quad color to rgba(33,66,200,100)

-> Paster: Draw Quad ((0,0),(100,0),(100,100),(0,100)) with blend Normal

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ahh, it was setting the color first.

Thanks blackhornet

• So I made a game using paster for these ink effects. A good example of what is possible with this awesome plugin.

https://dryadboy.itch.io/queen

If anyone is interested in seeing the capx just dm me.

Now time for a question... is there a cost effective way to measure what color is pasted into paster and where? I need a more precise way to measure where each type of ink is.

• kyleo dm you how ?

your game is fantastic I love it very much !!

• you know its been a minute since I used this forums—there used to be a way to dm or pm somebody on here but I guess not anymore :/

• how we can uplued image from URL(file chooser plugin) instead of canvas and replace it?

• Wondering if there's any way to replicate something similar to a paint bucket function?

• For whoever has an issue with flipped text when pasted; comment this line in Acts.prototype.PasteObject() :

inst.height = -inst.height;

I dunno if it breaks anything though, but it seems that it does not.

• Hey, I've recently run into an issue where whenever I try to have Paster or a sprite load an image by imageUrl, It will load for a split-second and then disappear. I have no idea what is causing this or how to fix it, it seems to have something to do with the imageUrls themselves.

I'm getting all my imageUrls from Paster.imageUrl, so none of them should be messed up? Can someone help me with this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)