[PLUGIN] Paster

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • digitalsoapbox

That sounds right. Yeah, you'd just need to do it for one instance of a type since animations are shared with the other instances.

• digitalsoapbox

That sounds right. Yeah, you'd just need to do it for one instance of a type since animations are shared with the other instances.

Yep. Wasn't totally fun and required some changes to the way I load stages, but it's working now. Need to leave one instance on the screen while creating the others, it seems, otherwise the new instances that are created don't have the loaded images.

• So I want to draw a bunch of quads to a make a-- as you can see-- soft squishy floor.

What is the best way of referencing lots of different points in the draw quad action?

And this question might not make sense but, what order/direction is the quad drawn in?

• Aldo

Here's one way to do it. Basically loop over them and save the iid of the Sprite at the end of the loop so we can access it too at the next loop iteration using the sprite(1).x type syntax.

Global variable prev=-1

For each dot ordered by dot.x ascending

---- compare: loopindex>0

-------- draw quad (dot(prev).x dot(prev).y, dot.x, dot.y, dot.x, 300, dot(prev).x, 300)

---- set prev to dot.iid

An alternate way would be to store the positions in an array instead of that picking trickery.

The quad points start with the top-left and go clockwise from there.

• I had a feeling I would need to use an array. Just checking if there were alternatives and that first option seemed a little messy. Though honestly arrays offer a picking trickery all their own.

Got it working more or less. Thank you!

• I had a feeling I would need to use an array. Just checking if there were alternatives and that first option seemed a little messy. Though honestly arrays offer a picking trickery all their own.

Got it working more or less. Thank you!

Very cool! I'd be interested in hearing more on how you created this.

• R0J0hound Have you tried Paster w/ any of the normal mapping shaders? I keep getting an error when trying to paste a Sprite using any of the available normal map shaders I've found, including the default Bump Map shader. I have only 1 shader on a sprite, none on the Paster object, so I would think that falls under the current limitations of Paster?

I also tried Normal Map Extended ()

and this normal mapping shader:

But no luck.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • digitalsoapbox

I've only tried a handful of the bundled effects with paster, but I was only aware of effects pasting wrong, not causing an error.

I guess it can be marked as a limitation, as I've been avoiding working on any plugins lately.

• digitalsoapbox

I've only tried a handful of the bundled effects with paster, but I was only aware of effects pasting wrong, not causing an error.

I guess it can be marked as a limitation, as I've been avoiding working on any plugins lately.

R0J0hound & digitalsoapbox can't you just apply an effect to the layer it's on?

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ??

HAPPY NEW YEARS !!!

?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

• > digitalsoapbox

> I've only tried a handful of the bundled effects with paster, but I was only aware of effects pasting wrong, not causing an error.

>

> I guess it can be marked as a limitation, as I've been avoiding working on any plugins lately.

>

R0J0hound & digitalsoapbox can't you just apply an effect to the layer it's on?

?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ??

HAPPY NEW YEARS !!!

?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Not if we want to avoid the either 1 or 3 light limitation of the available Normal Map shaders.

• R0J0hound

Hi there, I'm trying to use paster to load an image, and get the Paster.imageURL to upload the image to my web server. However, it doesn't work as I thought. The saved image ( on webserver) is not the image I load, it is just a blank white image, I think the blank white image is the paster default image.. Why am I not getting the loaded image url but paster itself's url?

• johnkx

As I recall I didn't add an action to load an image into paster. You can paste objects to it, and then it should save with the paster.imageUrl expression.

• R0J0hound I just checked, there's a Load Image in the action list, however, pasting the object works! Thanks alot!

• R0J0hound I just tried pasting .png file to paster, the transparent background became black color background.. I guess, paster does not support .png file??

• johnkx

It should work. The paster object should default to being completely transparent. If not you can clear it with an action. After that any transparent Sprite should be able to be pasted in as expected.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)