[PLUGIN] Magicam for C2(Alpha 6.5 1/8/14)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Sorry to ask, but could someone explain to me how to use global cameras? Say for instance, I want to be able to create a spectate mode while a player is dead, which would allow a person to spectate allies, regardless of the layout that they are currently on. Would a global camera allow for this? I searched and tried for a few hours, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

• And one more thing, sorry for that but I love this plugin and I'm using it a lot xD

Could it be possible to add one more action (or combine existing one) to do a "Transition to point and zoom"?

I've noticed that doing it like:

+MagiCam: Camera "c": Transition to "some X value", "some Y value" in 0.5s

+MagiCam: Camera "c": Transition to zoom level "some zoom value" in 0.5s

don't always work in sync. Sometimes it moves to XY and then zooms a bit or vice versa - zooms and then move a bit.

• This might have been mentioned in previous comments since this original post, but what is meant by "area-based scrolling"?

And thank you for this plug-in! My friend, ArcadEd recommended it to me for a game I'm working on that makes use of some particular zooming and scaling of layers to create a top-down depth effect. I'm looking forward to using this.

• I was running into some performance issues and discovered Magicam is a chunk of it:

The left side is with the magicam code disabled and using system actions, and the right is without system actions but with magicam. Everything else is the same. This is just idling after loading without moving around or anything.

Any ideas as to what is causing this, or what I can do to fix it?

• Nice plugin! Though zoom transition is a bit off, I'd imagine the curve of the transition would be good when the camera is always focused on an object, but when you're treating the camera as a camera that's zooming out/into a new position (like in a strategy game or Civ5) then it feels like the camera is swinging all over the place instead of the camera actually getting closer to a position gradually. Any chance we could get a "proper" zoom?

Hutto I can only see your event actions, I can't see your conditions. Are you running those magicam events every tick or just on start of layout? Do you still get that FPS drop when you're not running the debugger?

• The condition for that section is "On start of layout". It is noticeably jerkier when using Magicam outside the debugger too. That's how I first noticed it. When I take it out, things are smoother.

• Thank's for this awesome plugin

But how can i remove it from C2 ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hutto That sounds pretty bad, can you post your .capx? Or what about the performance in the example.capx, surely that's not running bad for you? I don't know much about this plugin yet, but could it be because the camera is trying to focus on many sprites and not a single one? Or is the device/computer your testing on just really old and bad?

• Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else (couldn't find it by searching the forum), but is there a way to exclude a layer from zooming with this plugin? For example, keeping all the UI elements (life and count counters, on-screen mobile controls, etc) on one layer with parallax 0,0 but not being affected by magicam zoom

• Sorry if this has been asked somewhere else (couldn't find it by searching the forum), but is there a way to exclude a layer from zooming with this plugin? For example, keeping all the UI elements (life and count counters, on-screen mobile controls, etc) on one layer with parallax 0,0 but not being affected by magicam zoom

ha! just figured it out, feel silly for not getting this earlier. I just changed the UI layer's scale rate in layer properties to 0 and it works perfect.

• A0Nasser - Go to: [your C2 installation folder]\exporters\html5\plugins\ and delete the folder "magicam"

Make sure you doesn't use C2 while you proceed.

- Thanks for this plugin!

• Tetriser Thank's

But this a c2addon plugin, you can't find it in this path.

• A0Nasser - Oops, sorry. I forgot to tell, you can also look at your AppData folder.

E.g. : <your appdata folder>/"Local" or "Roaming"/Construct2/plugins

Delete the folder "magicam" and you're done.

As usual, don't use C2 yet.

• Well, I've used revo uninstaller to delete all C2 files.

• linkman2004 there is not enough words to say wow wow and wow

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)