[PLUGIN] Magicam for C2(Alpha 6.5 1/8/14)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Kyatric - Thanks, man - I really appreciate the comments. :)

CrudeMik - Is camera switching not working for you? I haven't found any problems with that, but it's tough to generalize without seeing what you have. In the mean time, I'll look at adding an "Unfollow" action and hopefully get a new version up tomorrow.

• Kyatric - Thanks, man - I really appreciate the comments. :)

CrudeMik - Is camera switching not working for you? I haven't found any problems with that, but it's tough to generalize without seeing what you have. In the mean time, I'll look at adding an "Unfollow" action and hopefully get a new version up tomorrow.

That's awesome, I'm really sorry the project I'm working in is massive at the moment it's a right mess to try and plug the magicam back into it in the same way.

An unfollow command would totally fix it though :)

• CrudeMik - As promised, here it is:

Download Magicam Alpha 3 for Construct 2 (Includes example)

<font color="green">(ADD)</font> Un-follow object action. Allows you to remove an object followed by a camera from the camera's following list.

Just a small little update, but it should be a welcome addition for those who need it. If you encounter any bugs, please pass the CAP file along to me and I'll take a look.

• linkman2004

You are a cool guy

• It works! Unfortunately though the scroll speed when switching between the objects to follow is very slow.

• It works! Unfortunately though the scroll speed when switching between the objects to follow is very slow.The speed at which it switches is going to be based on the amount of follow lag you have set - more lag means a slower switch time. Once I get smooth camera switching implemented - assuming that works in your case - this shouldn't be an issue.

• Can anyone tell me how the "Follow object" works? I've tried with Every tick and with On Start of layout and it doesn't follow the object!

• devMidgard - I can't know what's going on unless you provide a CAPX file. Did you create a camera before you set one to follow an object? You also need to make sure that your camera is active, which is an option in the camera creation actions.

I'd suggest looking at the example file that comes with the plugin - that provides a good idea of how the system works.

• Is there a way to offset Magicam so it can view ahead of what its following without using a dummy sprite?

• RighteousNando - That's a feature in the original, and I plan to add it, but it's not in there yet. School is letting out soon, so I should have some time to work on this in a couple of weeks.

• I would also love this feature! thanks for the plugin, such a smoother cam :)    How would I offset the camera now using a dummy sprite? (newbie)

thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey linkman2004 any news for the update? :)

Havving some issues with C2 save/load system.

And few additional expression would be nice, like cam x pos, cam y pos etc :)

• shinkan - Yeah, sorry it's been so long, man. I have finals next week, but after that I'll look into working on the specific things you mention. Hopefully I can get something out relatively quickly.

• linkman2004 no need to apologize. Good luck with exams!

• linkman2004

I just started using this plugin, as it does essentially what I was writing in code, but with simpler controls. One small feature that would be useful for me is in the 'Camera Follow' command. Right now you select the Object that you want it to follow, but I actually want to follow an Image Point that is offset from the Object. Can you add an optional 'Image Point' number to this command? Basically like the stock 'Set Position' command. Right now i have to hack in some stuff to check an object that I pin attach to the image point of my character.

Thanks for the awesome plugin! It will make my life a little easier!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)