[PLUGIN] Canvas

From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • ghost

Oh, wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Not sure if this is good or bad news for Node-Webkit.

R0J0hound

Ah, good point, that would explain a great deal. A bit surprised that Chrome doesn't use WebGL in this particular case, as it seems to use it in other situations, but there might be more to it than I understand.

Thanks a lot for the update!

• This is my favorite changelog entry ever:

"[fix] A typo fix and a few other fixes that I don't recall."

• I have a question about the Canvas plugin. I started using it over th weekend because I needed some additional drawing functions (lines, circles, arcs, paths, etc...) so I downloaded this, and so far I like it. However, is this the Canvas2D renderer providing this functionality? I ask because in some of the tips & techniques postings I see that WebGL is allegedly much, much faster than the Canvas2D renderer. If this is indeed that renderer, any plans on updating this to use WebGL?

• take into account that:

1.- this plugin in fact runs better on canvas2d,

2.- and remember iOS runs on canvas2d too, not webgl, if you are targeting that platform.

• This has already been answered a couple of pages earlier. See THIS post.

• My mind is blown. I'm working on a stealth-action game (top-down view) and this is gonna add so much dimension to the seek-and-evade aspects of the game, such as finding hidden passages. ;) Thank you for this!

• I think I've found a problem with the canvas plugin. Due to the way it provides a color for a line. For example:

"rgb(40,50,40)" All this as a string, we can't use a gobal variable of our project.

For instance:

Value= 50;

"rgb(Value, 10, 10)" Won't work at all.

Anyone knows how to solve this? Is there any way to bypass this situation?

• Hey, do you think you know a way to make whatever you draw in a canvas object an alpha mask? So instead of primitive shapes both it and anything overlapped by it are fully transparent?

• Heptagono - did you try turning the variables into a string?

something like:

ColourVar="rgb("&str(RedValue)&","&str(GrnValue)&","&str(BluValue)&")"

The ColourVar would be a string variable, the RedValue,GrnValue and BlueValue would be integers.

• How can one clear a path (turn it transparent) can it be implemented?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • gamepopper

Erasing is done by pasting objects with the "destination out" blend.

You could use a second canvas with the "destination out" blend and draw to that then paste it to the first canvas.

xDGameStudios

The paster does this with quads. I'll have to have to consider a way to cleanly add it to the ACEs for this plugin. In the mean time you could try the methods above.

• The latest Chrome version broke something for me with "draw circle". Drawing large circles of certain sizes at certain positions makes a strange gradient effect appear next to the circle borders. I'm pretty sure this is a bug in Chrome's canvas drawing and not in your plugin though.

• Gracias!!!!!<font color=magenta></font>

• scirra.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

Hey this is wonderful plugin THANKS bruv. Thank you so much for sharing

• scirra.com/forum/smileys/smiley17.gif

Hey this is wonderful plugin THANKS bruv. Thank you so much for sharing

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)