Ever wrote a novel ?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
This music pack covers differents situations for visual novels, anime games and many more!
  • Di you ever write a novel from scratch ?

Yesterday I started typing a plot for a game I'm doing in Construct and it turned out to be over 10 pages... and I still have thousands of things to say to develop the idea !!!

I think I'm gonna continue and maybe make a short story and !!! IF !!! someday I decide to publish it as a book, I'd like to know if there's something I should consider right now before getting into it seriously, like editing constraints, writing methodology, etc..

Thanks!

• 10 pages? That's weak. One winter I wrote a 760-page draft that are never gonna see the light of day.

Well, it is a start, though.

• Just focus on quality, not quantity...

There are great short stories out there that are 1 or 2 pages long, and also novels over 1500-1800 pages... maybe more.

There is also toilet paper.

• Well, try fitting an epic on 1-2 pages.

• I would totally advice you this book : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Write-Blockbust ... 0340916915

It is a very light introduction to writing, but it is very extensive when it comes to publishers, editors, agents and others actors of the book business. Writing a book is one thing, editing it and selling it is another!

• [quote:2ms51txo]Well, try fitting an epic on 1-2 pages.

Sms style?

Anyway, i was just saying that great stories don't really need to be very long.

Carmilla, for instance, is very short.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Mipey: Remember that I was not trying to write a story. The plan was to write a short introduction into the universe I will base my game on. I'm saying that I got an interest in writing a short story after I realized I had already 10 pages.

sved: Thanks I'll take a look!

• short but sweet is pretty much always better, except in the rarest of cases.

i always prefer short but interesting myself.

• I haven't wrote a novel, but I do regulary write Silent Hill, Monster Hunter and Starcraft Fanfiction.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)