Email from Google Play regarding OpenSSL

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi,

Can anybody shed any light on this email I received from Google Play regarding OpenSSL ? - See copy of email below.

Specifically :-

1. I don't think anything in the game requires SSL and I didn't knowingly add anything that would need a secure connection.

2. If I didn't add it to the game what did and how do I update it?

3. Is there actually a problem, or is this just Google using a scatter gun approach to remove any potential heart bleed problems from their Google Play store?

4. Does the problem stem from my own PC?

5. The game was compiled using the Intel XDK, does this have any known problems?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hello,

One or more of your apps is running an outdated version of OpenSSL, which has multiple security vulnerabilities. You should update OpenSSL as soon as possible. For more information about the most recent security vulnerability in OpenSSL, please see http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt.

Please note, while it's unclear whether these specific issues affect your application, applications with vulnerabilities that expose users to risk of compromise may be considered “dangerous products” and subject to removal from Google Play.

Regards,

Google Play Team

©2014 Google Inc.

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway

Mountain View, CA 94043

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Possible that the wrapper you used to create the apk has it on by default, try exporting it with a newer version or a different wrapper?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)