Exporting for Windows 8

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
  • Hi Ashley/Tom,

I am working on a Metro/Windows8 plugin for Construct 2 and came across couple of issues and request you to suggest if there are changes that need to done on Construct 2 or plugin side:

1) When exporting as Windows 8 metro app, I see that the generated .jsproj file does not pick up extra files from my plugin. I searched around and observed that C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\metro\project.jsproj is used as a template during exporting. For now as a workaround, I have edited this file to include my files as below. Could you please let me know how to leverage [[[contentincludes]]] to automatically pick up files from my plugin? (I see that it serves as some kind of macro and expands to different files in the generated .jsproj file.)

<ItemGroup>

<AppxManifest Include="package.appxmanifest">

<SubType>Designer</SubType>

</AppxManifest>

[[

[contentincludes]]]

<Content Include="app-logo.png" />

<Content Include="app-smalllogo.png" />

<Content Include="app-storelogo.png" />

<Content Include="Settings-GamePreferences.html" />

<Content Include="Settings-About.html" />

<Content Include="Settings-Help.html" />

<Content Include="index.html" />

<Content Include="splashscreen.png" />

</ItemGroup>

2) Is it possible for you to update the index.html file generated with adding the ui-dark.css?

<link rel="stylesheet" href="//Microsoft.WinJS.1.0.RC/css/ui-dark.css" />

<script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.1.0.RC/js/base.js"></script>

<script src="//Microsoft.WinJS.1.0.RC/js/ui.js"></script>

Without this, the Settings charm etc when invoked for the app do not have the correct style. Of course, the developer can add this line, but thought of reducing one more step :)

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)