[Plugin] Photon Cloud

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hi, I still do not fully understand with this plugin. I want to see documentation of how it works. If someone can make it please let me know

• The plugin is very straight forward to use, just check the example .capx at the beginning of the thread.

• > we still wait for the new capx (probably with some fixing bugs)

> because the first one on the main page not working

> thanks

>

Can you be more specific, what exactly does not work for you, which errors do you get.

hi,

i just download your plugin and your example .capx

and export to html and upload it but that not work

that why we would like the new .capx that you use for testing on this

http://demoauthphoton.site44.com/c2-dem ... index.html

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • matrixreal

Sorry, we can't help you until you explain what is not working.

Run project from editor and check browser console for errors and other info.

The capx file is the same except that actual app id set before export.

• I checked the examples and tried the plugin and everything seems to work great. But I'm a bit stuck on one thing. What is the best way to continuously track the positions and rotation adn bullets of 4 players? As i can tell from the The Pool example it only sends events on click... Some more examples or tutorials would be awesome.

So far i tried to send the rotation every 0.2 seconds of one character (ActorNr1) using Photon Set Actor Photon.MyActorNr custom property "Rotation" "player.Angle" wich seems to work fine. As ActorNr2 can see the changes in rotation if i read the property change.

Or are there any better way to sync positions and rotation in realtime without sending to many messages/events?

• Never mind. I got it working. Works great! Another question though. Is there any good way dealing with lag compensation?

• WTF it's working on ejecta .... wonderfull i can't believe but need some tricks

anyway thanks

now starting to build a multiplayer game with ejecta

• Never mind. I got it working. Works great! Another question though. Is there any good way dealing with lag compensation?

Neither plugin nor Photon js SDK have special features for lag compensation (but some other Photon SDKs do have built-in ping measurement and server time updates).

You may try to implement lag measurement by yourself sending event to "All" receivers (such event goes to sender as well) and calculate round trip time in event receive handler. Note that every event goes to the server first and then broadcasted by server to all destinations.

• > Never mind. I got it working. Works great! Another question though. Is there any good way dealing with lag compensation?

>

Neither plugin nor Photon js SDK have special features for lag compensation (but some other Photon SDKs do have built-in ping measurement and server time updates).

You may try to implement lag measurement by yourself sending event to "All" receivers (such event goes to sender as well) and calculate round trip time in event receive handler. Note that every event goes to the server first and then broadcasted by server to all destinations.

Thanks for the reply.

The approach you mentioned. As I understand... If i fire a bullet, It won't actually fire until the server recieved the message and sent it back to me? So i could be experiencing a small delay. On the other hand, the recievers would probably also have a small delay, in best case, around same as mine.

I managed to work around some of the stuff. I'm now sending the XY position of an object in one event every 0.2 second while the object is moving, but managed to get the receiving result smooth by using lerp expression to get rid of the choppy movement. And did some final adjustments to the XY position when the object stopped moving. If it stopped anytime between those 0.2 second intervals, it will now display the correct end position.

I guess sending event data every tick isn't optimal and would generate too many messages being sent i suppose?

• The approach you mentioned. As I understand... If i fire a bullet, It won't actually fire until the server recieved the message and sent it back to me?

That may work if lags are approx. the same for all clients. I did not mean exactly this approach, but rather way to calculate lag time which can be used for compensation.

Yes, you should try to send as few as possible position updates and use interpolation. In extreme case like bullets, you need only one message with initial position and velocity which are enough to reproduce same trajectory on all clients.

• I've got the examples and works perfectly on IE and Firefox but on chrome i've got timeout errors :

LoadBalancingClientState: Uninitialized -> ConnectingToNameServer
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 LoadBalancingClientConnecting to NameServer ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093
    preview_prelude.js:55 [Construct 2] Function object: called function 'setFishDest', but no event was triggered. Is the function call spelt incorrectly or no longer used?
    common_prelude.js:33 [Construct 2] Suspending
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:3 WebSocket connection to 'ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 NameServer: PhotonPeer[_onError] - Connection error: {}a.log  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21a.error  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:20a._onError  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:15_socket.onerror  Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:4
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 LoadBalancingClientState: ConnectingToNameServer -> Error
    Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 LoadBalancingClientState: Error -> Error[/code:9kule286]
  • I've got the examples and works perfectly on IE and Firefox but on chrome i've got timeout errors

Have you tried it again? May be bad luck and server was temporary down?

It works for me on all browsers. Do other websocket apps work in your chrome?

• Hello, sorry for my bad english.

have you planned to do as for unity, the demo version with avatar. and / or FPS ?

with tchatting / and basic avatar .

• We do not plan any new demos anytime soon. Existing demos roughly cover basic Photon functionality exposed in plugin.

Chat api included in PUN is not available in current plugin version (but js sdk has it). You can implement chat using event exchange feature.

• photon breaks Latest beta r208, throws an error screen an launching construct2

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)