[Plugin] Photon Cloud

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • We tested app exported as html5 website on iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.3/Safary. It works w/o problems.

Exported app: http://demoauthphoton.site44.com/c2-dem ... index.html

(we may remove the app in several days so link may become broken)

Maybe there are issues with dns on your device.

Or temporal Photon websocket server malfunction at times when you were testing.

wich wrapper you use ? cordova ? ejecta ? cocoonjs ?

and can we have a capx example ?

• We tested app exported as html5 website on iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.3/Safary. It works w/o problems.

can you share again the capx of this uploaded html game please ?

• I tested again, it appears that some network port /or possible firewall is blocking photon on some of the machines ( NameServer peer error 3001 followed by peer timeout 3004).

Then this is not iOS-specific problem as you described it earlier.

[quote:9bo5cjt0]What ports does photon need open?

You found right doc for required ports http://doc.exitgames.com/en/onpremise/c ... rt-numbers

It states that when connecting to cloud via websockets, ports 9090, 9091, 9093 required.

If you use secure websockets then 19090, 19091, 19093 should be open.

EDIT: ports list updated (removed port which required only for self-hosted server)

• I found if two players start at the same time (common when running two windows in construct), the first will start creating a room, which is recognized by the second player, but its not complete enough for the second to join

Probably this is one of the reasons why js sdk joinRoom() call has 'createIfNotExists' option in Photon js sdk.

But it's not exposed in Construct 2 plugin yet, sorry.

• wich wrapper you use ? cordova ? ejecta ? cocoonjs ?

and can we have a capx example ?

It does not use any wrapper. As I wrote we did html5 export from Construct 2 export menu.

Links to sample projects are in 1st post of this topic.

• > wich wrapper you use ? cordova ? ejecta ? cocoonjs ?

> and can we have a capx example ?

>

It does not use any wrapper. As I wrote we did html5 export from Construct 2 export menu.

Links to sample projects are in 1st post of this topic.

can you share with us the new .capx of the pool demo please ?

• I am pretty sure its the pool capx at the start of this thread

• no i don't thin so because its not work

i exported it to both ejecta and cordova crosswalk and it not work

it work directly on browser but not on cordova or ejecta

hi,

we still wait for the new capx (probably with some fixing bugs)

because the first one on the main page not working

thanks

• [quote:iv6j299v]hi,

we still wait for the new capx (probably with some fixing bugs)

thanks

The examples capx and plugin on the first post are working fine for me, there are a few functions the js photon version has which would be welcome additions to the C2 plugin, but so far the plug in has been able to do everything I need for a low traffic multiplayer game on IoS/HTML5/Android.

The issue I had was not having the correct ports open on all machines, so the problem was at my end, and not with plugin.

• Going to try out this plugin this weekend. Hard to find any info of what it can actually do... Where can i find any more documentation about this plugin? I guess this works different from Hosted games like the Multiplayer plugin.

What i would like to do and things i'm wondering about.

* Host rooms with max 4 players in each.

* Server is host, not players? (I don't want game to end when host disconnects)

* Rooms will always stay active as long as there are players in the room.

* Automatically create rooms. (When joining game and there are no rooms with available open spots)

* If anyone leaves the room, one spot opens up, will be filled by next one connecting.

* Timeouts. Let's say i have a couple rooms with one player in each. If no-one else joins within a certain amount of time, you will be disconnected and connected to another room, with more players.

Later concerns.

* Have private rooms. Only people in your game friend list will be able to join this particular room.

Could anyone experienced with this plugin confirm if my questions are doable with this plugin?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • we still wait for the new capx (probably with some fixing bugs)

thanks

Can you be more specific, what exactly does not work for you, which errors do you get.

• Could anyone experienced with this plugin confirm if my questions are doable with this plugin?

The plugin is Construct 2 interface to Photon js sdk http://doc.exitgames.com/en/onpremise/c ... javascript

Which in turn is one of sdks available for work with Photon Cloud: http://doc.exitgames.com/en/realtime/cu ... time-intro

While plugin covers not all js sdk / Photon cloud functionality it may be quite enough for your needs which look like fit good in Photon cloud infrastructure.

Please check documentation, tutorials and demos on exitgames.com and feel free to ask if something is still not clear.

• Is it possible to implement something like

• delete room" (all rooms)
    • kick player
    • on room join failed event

Let's say I have multiple games using photon for multiplayer. Is it possible to join a random room for one of the games specifically. Right now join random room finds any room, so player from different games could land in the same room. Is there any solution to this?

• Not sure what room deletion should do. Room removed from list after last player left the room.
    • Who kicks the player? If other client, then just send message to the player you want to kick. Client should handle it and leave the room itself.
    • Plugin does not has specific JoinRoom error handler currently. Use generic "On Error":

You need separate appid for every game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)