accidental[amazing] effect

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • hehe...even i don't know how I got this effect but heck it's great to look at

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5811650/Phuzzles/phyball.cap

I was making a prototype for a game and wanted to add trails behind the player, i got that effect after a few tries but i wanted to spice it up so i started fiddling with the height and width properties when i accidently got this effect.

Now, could someone explain how's it happening??

• The trail object starts out at 17 pixels width, and height, but you have an event that tells it to shrink.

However once it gets past zero it will go into negative dimensions, and actually grow.

Cute effect.

• thanks for explaining but is there any way the trail object doesn't go into negative dimensions, I figured a way by just changing the value for decrement from 3 to 0.5 but I don't think that's a good solution...

• If you don't want it to shrink past 0, then add a condition to that. Something like:

System compare trail height is greater than 0

->set height, width bla bla

• Don't use system compare to pick objects, because it doesn't pick anything. To pick objects, use the compare height condition in the list of conditions for the object, not the system.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Don't use system compare to pick objects, because it doesn't pick anything. To pick objects, use the compare height condition in the list of conditions for the object, not the system.

That's not entirely correct. If the system compare condition is met all instances will be picked.

There is a difference, and a different effect.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)