Problem with layer rotation and Zoom

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Heya,

I'm trying to rotate my "screen" during game (a specific layer in fact).

I tried to deal with "Set layer angle" and "Set display angle" actions triggered by time events ("timer is equal to X" and "Every X milliseconds"), but nothing happen... is there something wrong ?

Now about zoom, i tried to bind zoom option with mouse wheel like that :

On mouse wheel up -> Set Layer 1 zoom ratio to (LayerZoomX(1)+1, LayerZoomY(1)+1)

On mouse wheel down -> Set Layer 1 zoom ratio to (LayerZoomX(1)-1, LayerZoomY(1)-1)

But it don't work.

I tried with Zoom Offset, but my Construct got a bug :

I've got 3 elements in the form :

Layer Name or Number

X Ratio

Y Ratio

The problem is : Construct use the "Layer Name or Number" instead of "X Ratio"

So, when i fill form like this :

Layer Name or Number : 1

X Ratio : LayerZoomX(1)+1

Y Ratio : LayerZoomY(1)+1

It gives : "Set Layer 1 zoom offset to (1, LayerZoomY(1)+1)" !

• [quote:1857qbvy]I'm trying to rotate my "screen" during game (a specific layer in fact).

I tried to deal with "Set layer angle" and "Set display angle" actions triggered by time events ("timer is equal to X" and "Every X milliseconds"), but nothing happen... is there something wrong ?

Did you make sure to leave enough room for the layout to rotate? If there isn't any space around the edge, there's no room to rotate the display.

Alternately, you could check "Unbounded scrolling" in the Layout Properties, and the display will be able to rotate freely.

Edit:

It appears that there is a problem with using layer numbers for the zoom. It works fine with layer names though. For instance:

On mouse wheel up -> Set Layer "Foo" zoom ratio to (LayerZoomX("Foo")+1, LayerZoomY("Foo")+1)

Seems to work fine.

Also, you will need to make sure you have enough room to zoom the display, same as rotating. The layers will zoom in properly, but not out, unless there is enough space on either side, or as mentioned before, if you have "Unbounded scrolling" checked for the layout properties.

Also, these types of threads belong in Help/Tech.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thx for help, i'll try.

(Yeah sorry about that, i see after that i was in wrong topic :/)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)